Overnight Breakfast Casserole is a dream for busy mornings! The prep happens the night before and then bakes up fresh and bubbling hot in the morning. It’s eggs, cheese, milk, a meat of choice and favorite bread all mixed up to make a wonderful dish. The magic happens while you sleep.
Holidays are usually full of excitement and a little bit a chaos! Busyness hurrying around to prepare for the day. Are you picturing it in your head 😉 So make ahead items for brunch or breakfast make for an easy and more enjoyable day for all. I know I want to soak up every moment I can with my family. So on days like this anything that allows me to spend more time with them is just right up my alley!
Overnight Breakfast Casserole is versatile and very delicious! Just change around the meat and cheese combinations and you can make this over and over and have a new dish each time. Today I am making it with Sharp Cheddar and Bacon. I also love to make sausage and a Mexican cheese blend or ham and gouda or swiss. YUM! So many choices! Just pick your favorite and run with it!
The sausage version is a Christmas Morning Tradition along with my Chipped Beef Gravy. For Easter, I serve with fresh fruit, but really the casserole is hearty enough to be served alone. It’s a wonderful dish for when you have company or to take to the office to share with your coworkers.
Today it’s a perfect way to start our day as we open our Easter Baskets and get ready to head out to Church! I did all the work last night and we get a delicious breakfast/brunch to enjoy today!
Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together. Then add in meat, cheese, and diced bread. Mix and pour into a buttered or sprayed 9 x 13 dish (today I am using a 10 x 12 dish). You know something close! Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Pull the dish out of the fridge a half hour before baking. This allows the dish to warm a little and not break when baking.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes to an hour. Devour!
Wishing you a Blessed and Beautiful Easter surrounded by loved ones and friends! I am so blessed to be a part of a community of amazing Foodies that make up the Sunday Supper Family! In the busy world we live in today it is so important that we come together and what better way than around the Sunday Dinner Table. These amazing cooks have created delicious MAKE AHEAD SUNDAY SUPPER BRUNCH RECIPES I know you will enjoy!
I’d love for you to join along each week CLICK HERE and start receiving the Soulfully Made Newsletter! I promise I won’t overload your inbox! No more than once a week! Unless you want to get updates with each post, you know you can choose!
- 6 slices of bread, diced
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 4 cups cheese
- 1 pound bacon, sausage or ham (meat of choice), cooked , diced and drained
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional or to taste
- pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients together and mix.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 buttered casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Make Ahead Sunday Supper Brunch Recipes
- Apple and Bacon Cornmeal Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Lemon Crumb Cake by Life Tastes Good
- Nana’s New York Crumb Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Overnight Nutty Coffee Cake by Family Around The Table
- Asparagus Quiche in Hash Brown Crust by Wimpy Vegetarian
- Baked Deviled Eggs with Toast Points by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Empanadas by Asian In America
- Make Ahead Baked Monte Cristo Cassarole by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole by Soulfully Made
- Sorrel, Chive & Duck Egg Frittata by Wholistic Woman
- Sous Vide Egg Bites by Cricket’s Confections
Sides and Veggies
- Asparagus Tart with Goat Cheese and Spring Greens by Monica’s Table
- Baked Chili Maple Bacon by Food Lust People Love
- Blackberry Orange Oatmeal Bowls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette by Helpful Homemade
- Vegetable Lasagna by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Carrot Cake Pancakes by Brunch-n-Bites
- Citrus Crepes with White Chocolate Drizzle by Gourmet Everyday
- Flourless Chocolate Torte by Pies and Plots
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie by The Freshman Cook
- Raspberry Mascarpone French Toast Casserole by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Strawberry Almond Crumble by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.