Pina Colada Poke Cake
Dreamy buttery cake drenched with pineapple juice and sweetened creamy coconut topped with whipped cream and coconut flakes make up this delightfully light and fluffy Pina Colada Poke Cake. A slice of this and you will be transported to a tropical paradise.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 box butter or yellow cake mix
- ingredients needed for cake mix (butter, water, eggs)
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 15 ounce can cream of coconut
- 2 8 ounce cans crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved
- 16 ounces whippped topping (Cool Whip)
- 7 ounces flaked coconut
Mix and bake cake mix according to box instructions.
While baking drain the juice from the pineapple and reserve the crushed pineapple in another bowl.
Mix pineapple juice, sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut together.
Let cake cool about 10 minutes and then poke holes in cake with the back of wooden spoon or a straw. Pour condensed milk mixture over cake and let cool completely. (I like to refrigerate while cooling about 2 hours)
Top with crushed pineapple. Spread on whipped topping (cool whip), and sprinkle with flaked coconut. Cover and refrigerate until serving. (Best when in the refrigerator overnight)
Top with maraschino cherries for garnish if desired.