Mexican 7 Layer Dip Recipe
Mexican 7 Layer Dip is one of the best, easy-to-make appetizers for any party! Layers of your favorite taco flavors come together to make a simple cold bean dip just waiting for a tortilla chip!
- 16 ounce can refried beans
- 12 ounce guacamole
- 16 ounce sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 15.5 ounce chunky salsa
- 2 cups cheddar or Mexican blend cheese shredded
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 ounce can black olives sliced or diced
In a 9 x 13 baking dish or trifle bowl spread refried beans onto bottom of dish.
Next spread the guacamole on top of bean layer.
Mix taco seasoning with sour cream and then spread on top of the guacamole layer.
Pour and spread chunky salsa over the sour cream mixture.
Sprinkle cheese over salsa and then top with tomatoes.
Lastly garnish with black olives.
- Use a thick or chunky salsa: A thicker salsa will ensure the dip is not runny or watery.
- Make sure to cover the guacamole layer completely with the sour cream layer to prevent browning of the guacamole before serving.
- Use Roma tomatoes: These tomatoes have lesser water content and are not as juicy, so this will also help to keep the dip from being watery.
- Make the same day you serve: For the best flavor and presentation I recommend making it the day you serve it.
Serving: 1each | Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 701mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 847IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 1mg