Chicken and Dumplings Casserole
Chicken and Dumplings Casserole is a quick and easy comfort food dish. It's ultra-creamy with all the taste and texture of chicken and dumplings without all the hard work!This casserole recipe is the perfect dish to prepare for potlucks, to take to a friend, and to make for dinner any night of the week. It's a one-dish wonder the whole family will love!
Servings: 6 servings
- ½ cup butter melted
- 3 to 4 cups chicken cooked, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup self rising four
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste (optional)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup with herbs
Preheat oven to 375°.
Place butter in a 9 x 13 casserole or baking dish and melt in the microwave in 30-second intervals until melted. (about 1 minute)
Place shredded or chopped chicken on top of butter spread evenly in the bottom of the baking dish.
In a mixing bowl combine flour, milk, poultry seasoning, and salt & pepper. Pour evenly over chicken (DO NOT MIX OR STIR IN).
In the same mixing bowl combine condensed chicken soup with herbs and chicken broth. Pour evenly over the flour mixture (DO NOT MIX OR STIR IN).
Place in oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Use a rotisserie chicken to make this super quick and easy. Anywhere from 3 to 4 cups of chicken works well in this dish.
- Be sure to use self-rising flour. If you do not have self-rising flour mix 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt with 1 cup of all-purpose flour and mix together.
- Don't stir anything when layering in the baking dish! I promise it will all come out perfect! It's just like when you make a cobbler!
- If you are watching sodium omit the salt and use low sodium chicken broth.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 984mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 668IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg