Double Chocolate Banana Bread
Double Chocolate Banana Bread is super moist and packed with double chocolatey deliciousness! This easy-to-make chocolate banana loaf is a chocolate lover's dream!
Servings: 1 9 X 5 loaf
- 3 large bananas, peeled mashed (about 1 ½ cups mashed)
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- ¼ cup sour cream room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips divided
Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the sour cream and melted butter, then stir until combined. Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar, egg, and vanilla extract, until combined and smooth. Don't overmix.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined, don’t overmix. Stir in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread. Bake for 50-60 minutes. *Do not overbake - See note.
Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edges of the bread and carefully remove from the pan. Let the bread cool on the wire cooling rack until cooled or just slightly warm. Cut into slices and serve.
Makes 1 - 9 X 5 loaf
- Use very ripe bananas for the richest and sweetest flavor.
- Bake the bread in a pre-heated oven so that it cooks evenly all the way through.
- Be careful to not over-bake your banana bread. It’s done when a tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. You may see chocolate from the chips, but you won't have gooey batter just crumbs. Start checking at 45 minutes.
Serving: 12slices | Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 303mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 318IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg