Brownie Mix Cookies
Easy Brownie Mix Cookies are made by adapting a brownie box mix and adding a few simple ingredients. The edges are crisp and the chewy fudge center makes the perfect cookie with a classic brownie taste!
Servings: 26 Cookies
- 1 (18 ounce) box Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- ½ cup plus 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cups mini chocolate chips optional
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine all of the ingredients and mix well, scraping down the sides as needed.
Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out and place the dough on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, cookies should have a thin film on top and the batter should no longer be glossy. You will see crinkles of dark and lighter batter. DO NOT OVERBAKE. They will bake fast and can dry out easily if cooked too long. Every oven is different, so watch your first batch carefully
Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
Makes 26 small cookie scoop cookies
- Brownie mixes will vary: I use the Ghirardelli brand most often. Keep in mind that Betty Crocker brownie mix doesn't have baking powder in it that helps these rise.
- Use the paddle attachment, not the whisk. This batter is pretty sticky so if mixing by had use something sturdy like a fork or spatula. A hand mixer with beaters works too as they are sturdier.
- Use a cookie scoop to get cookies the same size. Don't smush them down. Leave them a round shape. This keeps them fudgy in the middle. A tablespoon measuring spoon works as well.
- Keep an eye on your first batch. Ovens vary and you do not want to overbake these cookies. Also, cook time will vary based on cookie size. A small cookie scoop will need about 8 minutes. A medium scoop will need about 9 to 10 minutes.
- Slightly underbake: You want that chewy center so go for a little underbaked. Remember they still are cooking as they sit on the pan.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 8mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg