No Bake Fireworks Oreo Cheesecake Bars
No-Bake Fireworks Oreo Cheesecake Bars add a little spark to lusciously creamy Oreo Cheesecake Bars. Made with Fireworks Oreos that include a surprise "poppingly good" center that will light up your Fourth of July with lots of fun and delicious flavor.
Servings: 20 servings
- 25 each Golden Oreos crushed, (About 25 Cookies) You can also use regular Oreos or Red Velvet if you find them
- 6 tablespoon butter melted
- no-taste red gel food coloring Optional - add a few drops until the desired color is achieved
- 32 ounces cream cheese blocks room temperature, 4 blocks
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounce cool whip (I use extra creamy if available)
- 16 cookies Oreo Cookies (Fireworks if available roughly chopped
- 1 package red or blue pop rocks or a mixture optional
- additional chopped Cookies for topping
- Red, White, and Blue Sprinkles or Candies change color for season or occasion
- additional pop rocks can be added as well for more pop
Crush the cookies in your processor until they are finely ground. If you don't have a food processor, you can smash the cookies in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
Melt butter in the microwave in 30-second intervals until melted.
Stir together crushed cookie crumbs, butter, and food coloring (if using) together in a bowl.
In a 9 X 13 baking dish, press Oreo cookie the mixture into the bottom of the dish to form a crust. Freeze for 15 to 30 minutes or until firm (While making cheesecake filling).
In a stand mixer (with beater attachment) or with a hand mixer, add room temperature cream cheese and beat until smooth. Add in sugar and vanilla and beat the mixture until combined.
Fold in chopped Fireworks Oreo cookies and whipped cream until combined.
Spoon mixture over chilled crust and spread out evenly.
Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until firm.
Top with additional coarsely chopped Fireworks Oreo Cookies and sprinkles and/or candies if desired. ENJOY!
Storage: Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap or foil, or store it in an airtight and place it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freezer: You can freeze this whole or in individual slices. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and then with aluminum foil and freeze for up to 2 months. If wrapping individually I like to store wrapped slices in a freezer-safe zip bag. Alway label either so you know when to use by. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
- Be sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. This will ensure the filling will be smooth and creamy. If you try to mix it when cold it will be clumpy and have chunks of cream cheese in the mixture.
- Adjust the powdered sugar to sweetness preference. Start with ¾ cup up to a cup and then taste.
- Leave the Oreo cookies in bite-sized chunks for the filling. If you chop too finely the filling will take on a gray color (which is fine too)
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 96mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 734IU | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg