Slow Cooker Roast Beef Debris Recipe
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Debris Recipe - Tender shredded beef cooked low and slow creating the most juicy deliciously rich gravy all while it cooks. Perfect for a New Orleans Style Po' Boy or served as a main dish over potatoes or french fries!
Servings: 8 servings
- 3½ to 4 pound chuck roast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or salt
- 1 packet au jus mix dry
- 1 packet brown gravy mix dry
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- ½ stick butter optional
Place chuck roast in slow cooker.
Sprinkle garlic powder over top of roast. Then add dry au jus mix and brown gravy mix on top.
Pour on top of dry mixes the worcestershire and hot sauce.
Place half stick of butter on top. (optional, but add a nice richness to the dish)
Pour beef broth in bottom of slow cooker around the roast.
Place lid on top and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Once done, shred beef into bite sized pieces. (see note if you want extra gravy)
Eat over potatoes, french fries, rice or Po' Boy Style on a french roll with cajun mustard and/or mayo, sliced tomatoes, lettuce and pickles.
Extra Debri Gravy Instructions
This recipes creates a delicious gravy as it cooks and usually is plenty for the amount of meat. However, if you would like extra gravy you have couple options.
1. When beginning to cook add an additional brown gravy packet and 4 cups of beef broth or water for extra gravy.
2. If you have already cooked as instructed and decide you want more gravy, remove beef to a plate or cutting board to shred. Add in 2 cups of beef broth and then make a cornstarch slurry with ¼ cup water and 3 tablespoons cornstarch. Stir into liquid in slow cooker, let thicken and enjoy.
3. If you want to go all out for a creamy gravy, you can skim off about ½ cup of drippings. In a skillet over medium high heat, add 3 tablespoons butter and ⅓ cup flour, stirring with a whisk cook flour for 1 to 2 minutes. Add in drippings and slowly pour in 1 to 2 cups of heavy cream or to desired thickness. If you want a more traditional debris gravy skip the cream and use beef broth instead.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 611kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 204mg | Sodium: 789mg