Pineapple Casserole Recipe
This Pineapple Casserole Recipe is a classic southern dish that can be served as a side or dessert. It's unique combination of pineapple, cheddar cheese, and savory buttery crackers is a divine decadence you must try!
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained and 6 tablespoons of the juice reserved
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 sleeves butter crackers Ritz, crumbled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Butter, or spray with cookie spray, a 9 X 11 or medium sized casserole dish.
In a large bowl whisk together sugar and flour. Stir in the cheese and mix together. Add in the drained pineapple and stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour into the casserole dish.
In a medium sized bowl combine crumbled crackers, pineapple juice and melted butter. Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Make sure to drain pineapple well.
You may reduce the crackers to 1 sleeve if you prefer less crunchy topping.
Serving: 11 serving | Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 372mg | Sugar: 25g