Taco Spaghetti Bake
Baked spaghetti pasta, taco flavored ground beef, a diced tomato and chili sauce, and gooey layers of Mexican cheese brought together to create this delicious family-pleasing TACO SPAGHETTI BAKE. All the flavors of a taco baked into a pasta casserole dish!
- 1 pound spaghetti cooked al dente, drained
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- salt and pepper optional (to taste to season ground beef)
- ⅓ cup onions diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes and chilis (10 ounce cans)
- 4 cups shredded Mexican or taco blend cheese divided
Cook spaghetti pasta in salted water according to package instructions to al dente. Then drain in colander.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add ground beef, saute onion, garlic and salt and pepper (optional to taste). Crumble and cook until ground beef browns and is cooked through (about 5 to 7 minutes).
Add in taco seasoning, sour cream, heavy cream, and two cans of diced tomatoes and chilies and stir until combined.
Add ½ of cheese to the mixture and pour in the drained pasta and stir until well combined.
Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish. Add in the taco spaghetti mixture top with cheese.
Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Let sit for 10 minutes and serve as is or with your favorite taco toppings.
- When draining the ground beef leave a small amount of the drippings (1 to 2 tablespoons) for flavor and this will also keep the pasta from being dry.
- To adjust the HEAT - Change up the type of Rotel you use. They have mild, original, and hot. If you like no spice to very little just use diced tomatoes.
- Just keep in mind that taco seasoning packets vary in spice levels. Use what you are used to and like.
- Grating your own cheese gives you the creamiest results. I have found Sargento Brand - Thick Cut Off the Block (not sponsored - I just love it) does a great job at melting too.
- Let the taco spaghetti set in pan about 10 minutes to set up before serving.
Serving: 11 serving | Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 478mg | Potassium: 482mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1048IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 3mg