Red Velvet Brownie Cups
Red Velvet Brownie Cups are a delicious bite sized dessert for any occasion. Baked in muffin tins creating the perfect edible cup waiting to be filled with your favorite toppings like ice cream, cream cheese icing, and fresh whipped cream. Topping choices are endless!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix dry
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 large egg beaten
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 350° or 325° if using a dark non-stick muffin pan. Prepare the muffin tins by thoroughly spraying with a baking spray (one with flour in it) or line with paper liners.
In a large bowl mix dry cake mix, melted butter, egg, water and sour cream until combined.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into the middle comes out with a few crumbs. You don't want to over bake or they will be dry.
Remove pan and use the back of a measuring spoon to press into the center of each brownie to create a cup.
Let brownies cool and then run a knife around the edge to loosen so you can easily remove from pan (if not using paper liners).
Add desired toppings and enjoy.
✱ Nikki's Tips
- Prepare muffin tin - Make sure to spray your muffin tin well with baking spray or line with paper liners.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan if not using a paper liner. This will keep it from sticking to the pan.
- Run a knife around edges to loosen before removing will also help to easily remove from muffin pan.
- To make cup indention - Just after removing from the oven use a 2 tablespoon measuring spoon or something round to press down brownie to create your cup. The brownie being hot will help it set.
- Don't store in the refrigerator - I don't recommend storing in the refrigerator as this may dry them out! Store at room temperature or freeze until ready to use. Once ready to use place toppins on them and enjoy.
- Get creative and have fun with toppings!
Serving: 11 serving | Calories: 76kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 63mg | Sugar: 2g