Homemade Buffalo Sauce – Can you count the ways this can be used? Well my son thinks it goes on everything. He dreams of chicken tenders, boneless wings, chicken wings, grilled shrimp, fried shrimp …. You get the idea! This sauce is De to the Licious!
Once I started making this I hardly ever use the pre-bottled stuff! This is easy to make and all these flavors going on just make this the bomb! (Enter daughter rolling her eyes for me saying that) I mean it has butter in it!! What more do I need to say!!! It has to be good right!
Hot Sauce vs Buffalo Sauce – Butter and some spices make Buffalo Sauce. Now I usually use a bottled Hot Sauce in my recipe, but this has my wheels spinning. I need to make my own Hot Sauce. That will have to be for another time!
Let’s make this sauce. I melt 1/3 cup of butter in a sauce pan, over medium high heat. Remove from heat once melted, add in ½ cup of hot sauce. I typically use Franks Hot Sauce (NOT buffalo sauce), but you can really use whatever you prefer. Stir in 1 tablespoon white vinegar, then add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Lastly add 8 to 10 dashes, shakes whatever you may call it of Worcestershire sauce. Mix it Good!! Mix it REAL GOOD! Did you just sing that?? I did! TA-DA you have Homemade Buffalo Sauce
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup of Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 to 10 shakes/dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Melt 1/3 cup of butter in a saucepan, over medium high heat. Remove from heat once melted.
- Stir in ½ cup of hot sauce until combined
- Add in 1 tablespoon white vinegar, Stir
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Add 8 to 10 dashes/shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- Mix well.
- Store in Mason Jar in Fridge (or air tight container) for up to a week.