Cowboy Beans have just met their new “bacon”! These Hot Dog and Hamburger Cowboy Beans will knock your socks off with their unbelievable flavor and amazing taste! You won’t have to ring that dinner bell twice when these are on the table!
*Soulfully Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
The Sunday Supper Tastemakers are celebrating National Hot Dog Month. Scroll down past my recipe for all of our creative hot dog recipes and join us Sunday night at 7pm ET on Twitter for a lively chat.
Hot Dogs and Hamburgers go together like peanut butter and jelly, RIGHT? When we light up the grill to make burgers we always throw on some Dogs too, we cannot resist! Sides always include Cowboy Beans, it’s just a requirement. IDK why. Well , yes I do because it they are soooo darn good!
This recipe really started on a day I was making cowboy beans and no bacon (GASP- I am pretty sure that is a sin) to be found in the house! Don’t you just hate when you are missing an ingredient?? I had been to the store a bazillion times already that week and vowed to not go back. Gotta get creative when that happens.
My son was having some boys over for hot dogs, hamburgers and swimming. I had so much to finish doing, going back to the store was not happenin’! And you know I had vowed! I decided I would try using hot dogs, they were good for beanie weenies when the kids were little. By golly we were having hot dogs and hamburgers, so it goes with the “THEME.
First Time I can ever say I was glade I didn’t have BACON!
They actually were delicious! A New Recipe is Born! Gotta LOVE when that happens!
Here’s how to make them!
In a Ninja 3 in 1 Cooker (this has a stove top feature) or skillet fry onion and hamburger meat until almost done. Drain if needed and add hot dogs. Fry until hot dogs hot some color. Note: I used lean ground round and did not need to drain.
(Now if you fried in a skillet – Transfer meat to Crock Pot and) – add in beans and all the ingredients and stir.
Put on lid and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours!
Once they are done, all those flavors come together to create sweet smokey deliciousness! I like to top a serving off with a few slices of grilled hot dogs for good measure!
Here you have it deliciousness ready to be gobbled up!
Thank you for stopping by! Come join in all the fun and let’s be social!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox Click Here to Subscribe.
Hot Dog & Hamburger Cowboy BeansPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pkg Hot Dogs, sliced (12 to 16 oz) I use all beef
- 1 lb Hamburger, ground round
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup molassses or maple syrup
- 55 ounce baked beans, Bush's Original
- 3 cans pinto beans (15 ounce)
- 3 cans white beans (great northern)
- In skillet or Ninja 3 in 1 - Saute onion & lean ground beef (Round). When Hamburger abut half way done add in sliced hot dogs. If using skillet transfer to crock pot after meat is done cooking.
- To crock pot add beans. Then add brown sugar, ketchup, mustard & molasses. Stir. Put on Lid and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Sunday Supper Creative Hot Dog Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with Fruit Salsa by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Honey BBQ Hot Dogs by Home Sweet Homestead
- Hot Dog & Hamburger Cowboy Beans by Soulfully Made
- All American Hot Dog by The Freshman Cook
- Banh Mi Hot Dog by Cricket’s Confections
- Buffalo Hot Dogs by The Crumby Kitchen
- Copy Cat Detroit Coney Dogs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Matcha Ochazuke Hot Dog Rice by NinjaBaker.com
- Memphis Hot Dog by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Philly Mushroom Swiss Dog (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Sauerkraut Stuffed Dogs by Gourmet Everyday
- South of the Border Hot Dogs by My Blissful Mess
Tex Mex Dogs
- Chili Cheese Dog Baked Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Burrito Dogs by Our Good Life
- Hot Dog with Chili Sauce by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Taco Hot Dog is Nacho Regular Dog by Sunday Supper Movement
- Hot Dog Breakfast Tacos by Pies and Plots