This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Are you crazy for Tacos Too?? This Jalapeño Cornbread Taco Pie is not your typical taco! It’s delicious taco filling topped with a tasty spicy cornbread all cooked in one skillet.
Tacos are a great weeknight meal. This Jalapeño Cornbread Taco Pie changes up taco night with all the great flavors but in a slightly heartier meal. It’s a one pan meal which makes clean up a snap too! Your family can top it off with all their favorite toppings!
Let’s cook this Jalapeño Cornbread TACO Pie Ya’ll
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a cast iron or oven proof skillet fry ground round with garlic salt or salt to taste, until done, add taco seasoning packet, water, salsa, and corn.
In a bowl mix up for favorite Jalapeno or Mexican Cornbread mix. I recommend a non sweet one. I picked up a different brand this time (Zatarain’s), because they were out of the one I typically use (Martha White) and it ended up being sweet. So I would not use that one again with this recipe. I like a completely savory flavor with this dish.
Pour and spread cornbread mixture of the meat mixture.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cornbread is golden!
Spoon onto a plate or in a bowl and top with your favorite taco toppings! Go ahead dig right on into this deliciousness! It’s so filling and really quick! All that adds up to a perfect meal! Not to mention made in one pan – heavenly!
Today I am joining my Sunday Supper friends to celebrate National Taco Day this coming week! Keep reading and you will find so many delicious Taco recipes that will sure to make your taste buds happy!
(click stars to rate)
Jalapeno Cornbread Taco Pie
- 1.25 lbs Ground Round Beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup water
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup cheddar or mexican blend cheese, shredded
Jalapeno or Mexican Cornbread Mix – Make as directed on Package
- Usually calls for cheese, milk or buttermilk and egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 12 inch cast iron or oven safe skillet cook ground hamburger meat seasoned with garlic salt or salt to taste over medium high heat. Once done, stir in taco seasoning and water. Add salsa, corn and cheese. Stir and cook until combined about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix cornbread as per package instructions.
- Pour and spread cornbread over meat mixture. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.