Are you crazy for Tacos Too?? This Jalapeño Cornbread Taco Pie is not your typical taco! It’s delicious taco filling topped with a tasty spicy cornbread all cooked in one skillet.
Tacos are a great weeknight meal. This Jalapeño Cornbread Taco Pie changes up taco night with all the great flavors but in a slightly heartier meal. It’s a one pan meal which makes clean up a snap too! Your family can top it off with all their favorite toppings!
Let’s cook this Jalapeño Cornbread TACO Pie Ya’ll
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a cast iron or oven proof skillet fry ground round with garlic salt or salt to taste, until done, add taco seasoning packet, water, salsa, and corn.
In a bowl mix up for favorite Jalapeno or Mexican Cornbread mix. I recommend a non sweet one. I picked up a different brand this time (Zatarain’s), because they were out of the one I typically use (Martha White) and it ended up being sweet. So I would not use that one again with this recipe. I like a completely savory flavor with this dish.
Pour and spread cornbread mixture of the meat mixture.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cornbread is golden!
Spoon onto a plate or in a bowl and top with your favorite taco toppings! Go ahead dig right on in to this deliciousness! It’s so filling and really quick! All that adds up to a perfect meal! Not to mention made in one pan – heavenly!
We would love to have you join us on our Social Channels!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe
Today I am joining my Sunday Supper friends to celebrate National Taco Day this coming week! Keep reading and you will find so many delicious Taco recipes that will sure to make your taste buds happy!
Jalapeno Cornbread Taco Pie
- 1.25 lbs Ground Round Beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup cheddar or mexican blend cheese, shredded
Jalapeno or Mexican Cornbread Mix - Make as directed on Package
- Usually calls for cheese, milk or buttermilk and egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 12 inch cast iron or oven safe skillet cook ground hamburger meat seasoned with garlic salt or salt to taste over medium high heat. Once done, stir in taco seasoning and water. Add salsa, corn and cheese. Stir and cook until combined about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix cornbread as per package instructions.
- Pour and spread cornbread over meat mixture. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Easy Taco Recipes #SundaySupper
Breakfast, Dessert, and Alternative Tacos
- Jalapeno Cornbread Taco Pie by Soulfully Made
- Loaded Taco Tots by Gourmet Everyday
- Naked Egg Breakfast Tacos by Palatable Pastime
- Spicy Beef Cheesy Corn Taco Muffins by Food Lust People Love
- Veggie Packed Mouth-Watering Cauliflower Breakfast Tostadas by Bites of Wellness
Lunch and Dinner Tacos
- 1970s Style Tacos by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asian-Spiced Black Cod Tacos with Kimchi and Avocado-Sriracha Mayo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos by A Mind Full Mom
- Chorizo Tacos with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Beef Tacos by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Fish Taco Recipe by Sunday Supper Movement
- Healthy Ground Turkey Tacos by Mid-Life Croissant
- It’s Taco Tuesday: An Easy Family Meal by Hardly A Goddess
- Low Carb Beef Tacos by Our Good Life
- Salmon Tacos with Watermelon Pico de Gallo by Pies and Plots
- Sloppy Joe Tacos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tacos with Cabbage Slaw by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Korean BBQ Tacos by Cricket’s Confections
- Steak Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Surf and Turf Tacos by The Weekend Gourmet
- Walking Chili Cheese Tacos by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.