This one is for my son Drew. Next to Key Lime Pie his favorite is Cookies and Cream anything. That is why he was impatiently waiting for this Oreo Ice Cream Dessert to be ready to come out of the freezer.
Drew must have come into the kitchen 1 million times asking when it was going to be ready. I must admit I pulled it out of the freezer just a tad bit too early because my favorite son in the world was chomping at the bits to get this in his belly!
I guess I can’t blame him, because there is something divine about that chocolate cookie with creamy greatness sandwiched in between. Thank you, Nabisco, for this scrumptious invention. I had to look it up, this cookie has been around since 1912! Wow! Can you imagine how many of these have been consumed since then.
One thing for sure is there are so many ways you can enjoy these delicious cookies. But at my house we really love it in this Oreo Ice Cream Dessert. It’s a cool frozen treat with fudge, crunch and creamy whipped topping. I am not sure what could be more perfect.
How to make Oreo Ice Cream Dessert
This one is easy to put together. Just pulse a package of Oreo cookies in the food processor, I used my ninja blender, or you can pound our all your stress out with a rolling pin. Just put those cookies in a plastic zip lock bag and pound away. Mix your crumbles with melted butter and press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish.
Spread this mixture over the crust and freeze until set. Or you can be impatient like me and just go on to the next step.
Take your fudge topping and drizzle over the ice cream. Now mine was store bought this time and thick even though I warmed it a little. So, my drizzle wasn’t all that pretty but it’s getting covered up with more whipped topping so who cares. It tastes amazing.
At this point I freeze to let it set. Then top with cool whip and remaining cookie crumbles just before serving. But you can go ahead and add the whipped topping and cookie crumbles and then freeze. I forgot to use my deeper 9 x 13 and this is a bit tall so I waited. Also, my freezer is so jammed packed that I didn’t have room to keep it from smushing if I put that topping on first. But in a perfect world you can get it all ready and go into a nice neat freezer 🙂 Then wait patiently to enjoy this yumminess!
Other Recipes you May Enjoy
Oreo Ice Cream Dessert
- 1 package Oreo cookies crushed, divided
- ½ half butter, stick
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream softened
- 16 ounces’ hot fudge
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, divided (or 2 - 8 ounce containers)
- Take ice cream out of freezer to soften approximately ½ hour.
- In a bowl combine 3 1/2 cups cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a 9 X 13 greased baking dish.
- In a bowl mix, softened ice cream and 1 container (or 8 ounces) of cool whip until combined. Spread ice cream mixture over cookie crust. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes until set.
- Drizzle fudge topping over ice cream mixture. Cover and freeze until set.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over fudge mixture and sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs on top. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until completely set.