Tomatoes are starting to spring up everywhere this time of the year! And that is a FABULOUS thing. I am always looking for ways to use them in recipes! Any way you slice, dice, crush or can them – they truly are delicious! Especially in these sweet and savory Cheesy Thumbprint Cookies with Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeño Jam!
I always look forward to spring because there is nothing like a fresh grown Tomato pulled from your garden! Fun fact from the Floridian in me – 50% of the tomatoes that feed the United States are grown in the Sunshine State! YUM!! Now I know why they are so full of sunshine and juicy greatness. As the season begins I love to use green tomatoes. Probably because I am so impatient! Well and they taste so good. Grab the Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeño Jam and make it ahead of time.
Cheesy Thumbprint Cookies are savory and perfect to pair with the sweet and spiciness of this jam! I love to serve them for a party, pack them for a picnic, or have them at fancy shower. Like a baby shower (I have this on my brain) – most of you know I will be planning one soon! My sister is having a baby girl and we must have some fancy little snacks for this shindig.
Most of you also know how much I love cheese and the white Vermont sharp cheddar gives it the perfect amount of saltiness and then the Jam balances it with spicy sweetness – how fancy! Give me cheese and spicy strawberry jam made with green tomatoes, and well my day is complete now!
Making the dough is super simple. Just cut up your butter and grate your cheese. I think grating it so worth it but you can buy it already shredded and I won’t tell a soul.
Grab your food processor and pour in your flour with the cheese and cold butter. Start pulsing it on low. It will form a meal consistency. Don’t stop there keep going! Watch for it… here it goes it’s magically a ball a dough! I know it is the simple things that amaze me! Kinda like the sunrise and sunsets I have been getting lately here! Thank you Lord for simple blessing that make me smile!
Chill this dough ball for about 30 minutes or until you are ready to bake these cookies! Once chilled pull out of fridge. Pull off a little dough and form 1 to 1 ½ inch balls. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
Pull out of oven and press an indention in the middle with your thumb (thus thumbprint cookie). Spoon in about a teaspoon of jam. Don’t look I overdid it today so forgive my messy cookies. They taste the same ?. Pop back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Oh, now you have amazing Cheesy Thumbprint Cookies with Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeño Jam!
Cheesy Thumbprint Cookies with Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeño Jam #SundaySupperPrint
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter chilled and cut up
- 1/2 Cup Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeno Jam
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pulse cheddar cheese, flour, and butter in a food processor until dough is a coarse-meal texture and forms into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes in oven. Remove from oven; press thumb into top of each ball, creating an indentation.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeno Jam into indentation. Put back into oven and bake until edges are golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
Also find it on: What’s Cooking Wednesday
Sunday Supper Recipes Using Fresh Tomatoes
- Caprese Chicken with Bacon by Family Around The Table
- Cheesy Caprese Pesto Chicken and Quinoa Casserole by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes by Life Tastes Good
- Grilled Chicken and Pasta with Grated Tomato Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bronzed Tomato Spinach Cheddar Panini by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ground Beef Curry by Wholistic Woman
- Lamb and Fresh Tomato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- One Pan Pork Chop Dinner with Tomatoes by Simple and Savory
- Tuna and Tomato Bento by Ninja Baker
Pizza, Pies, and Pastas
- Angel Hair Pomodoro by Healing Tomato
- Heirloom Tomato Tart by Authentically Candace
- Pressure Canned Homegrown Tomato Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Savory Tomato Pie with Pre-Made Crust by The Foodie Affair
- Three Cheese Tomato Basil Pie by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tuscan Pasta with White Beans and Tomatoes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms by Crazed Mom
- Bloody Mary Mix by Our Good Life
- Bruschetta di Pomodoro by The Freshman Cook
- Slow Roasted Tomatoes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Tomato Cauliflower Rice by Family Foodie
- Tomato Tulips for a Veggie Platter by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Thumbprint Cookies with Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeno Jam by Soulfully Made
- How to Make Homemade Salsa by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- IPA (India Pale Ale) Green Tomato Pickles by Gourmet Everyday
- Italian Nachos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Marinated Cherry Tomatoes with Cottage Cheese by Cricket’s Confections
- Tomatoes Stuffed with Apple-Walnut Salad Filling by Asian In America
- Tropical Fruit Salsa by Pies and Plots
Soups and Salads
- 10 Minute Greek Inspired Couscous Salad by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Burrata Caprese Salad with Balsamic Pearls by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Tomato and Preserved Lemon Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Cupboard Tomato Mozzarella Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Fried Green Tomato BLT Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Rustic Dill Tomato Soup by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Summer Tomato and Bread Soup by Monica’s Table
- Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Pimento Grilled Cheese by Bottom Left of the Mitten