It’s all about fancy appetizers today! I love any reason to gather people and celebrate! These Sweet Dijon Baked Brie Bites are the perfect combination of sweet, savory, and cheesy all in one little bite. And doesn’t that sound splendid for your next party??? Maybe the next Awards show! This will be a great addition for your watch party!
If you have been following along with me, you know I love something that’s simple to put together, while the finished masterpiece comes out looking like you have worked hard in the kitchen.
I also believe it’s not a party unless you have cheese on your table! Can I get an amen from anyone here? And the gooey cheese in these oh my goodness – a bite of goodness!
Just think of all your upcoming fancy parties where you can serve these – Bridal Showers, Girl’s Night In, Baby Showers!!! Did I say baby shower ??? “YAY” I will be planning one of these soon! I can’t help it! I have to sneak it into the blog I am going to be a “Kiki” again! I am so thrilled my sister is expecting another precious little peanut in August!!! Can you tell I am a tad excited? Okay, Okay – enough bragging already, I will get to the recipe.
Grab your ingredients, room temperature brie, country Dijon mustard, chopped pecans, brown sugar, and a package of mini phyllo shells.
Mix together your sugar, pecans, and mustard in a bowl. Grab your baking dish. I used a baking stone but any baking pan will do. You may want to line with parchment paper for easy clean up.
Take a phyllo cup and put one teaspoon of the sugar mixture in bottom, top with a scoop of cheese. Then top the cheese with one teaspoon of the sugar mixture. I set up a little assembly line. I do all the cups with sugar, then cheese, then sugar again 🙂
Pop them in a preheated 400° oven and bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Take out of the oven and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes and serve warm. Please be care to cool a little they come out extremely hot! If you are impatient like I was once. You will burn your tongue! I promise!
But these are worth the wait! I love to hear from you so please let me know if you try it! I’d love to see how they turn out!
This week I am joining fellow Sunday Supper Movement tastemakers to bring you all these wonderful appetizers for your next party!! Get ready to knock your socks off with their delicious recipes! I know they never fail to amaze me with their creations!
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Country Dijon mustard
- 1 5 oz brie cheese, room temperature
- 1 package mini fillo shell cups, 15 in package (Phyllo Dough Cups)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a bowl mix chopped brown sugar, pecans and dijon mustard.
- Remove top of rind of of brie. Scoop out 1 teaspoon of cheese for each cup
- Place 1 teaspoon of pecan mixture in bottom of cup, top with scoop of cheese, then top cheese with 1 teaspoon of pecan mixture.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until mixture if soft and slightly browned
- Remove from oven. Let set for 3 to 5 minutes and serve warm.
- BLT Crostini Sliders with Avocado Aioli by Casa de Crews
- Easy Caprese Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- French Onion Palmiers by Cooking With Carlee
- Ham and Mustard Spirals by Food Lust People Love
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Middle Eastern Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mushroom and Blue Cheese Gougeres by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Soppressata Puffs by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baba Ganoush by The Crumby Cupcake
- Baked Fruit and Nut Camembert by Sunday Supper Movement
- Caesar Salad Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cucumber Bites with Creole Shrimp and Guacamole by Life Tastes Good
- Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey by Monica’s Table
- Drunken Asparagus with Feta and Prosciutto by Wholistic Woman
- Italian Chicken Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Japanese Meatballs by NinjaBaker.com
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Mini Size by Crazed Mom
- Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Pork Dumplings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pear Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Shrimp Cups by Our Good Life
- Mini Crab Cakes by My Savory Spoon
- Oysters Rockefeller by Caroline’s Cooking
- Scallop Crudo with Citrus by Cricket’s Confections
- Shrimp Martini by Palatable Pastime
- Southwestern Shrimp Spring Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Tuna Poke Mochi Waffles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Gluten Free Champagne Cake Pops by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips by Desserts Required
- Mini S’mores Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Dijon Pecan Baked Brie Bites by Soulfully Made
- Wine Gummy Bears by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Fries with Basil Dipping Sauce by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Blue Cheese Asparagus Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Broccoli Pesto Potato Bites by Simple and Savory
- Mushroom Purses by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Roasted Carrot Soup by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.