Grab your picnic basket and blanket and prepare for a fabulous Picnic! These scrumptious Antipasto Skewers are the perfect start to a day of fun in the sun!
Summer is in full swing and it’s the perfect time for a picnic. Al fresco dinning is delightful when the weather is nice. Whether you head to the beach, the park, or your back yard, picnics are packed full of fun.
Foods that are easy to transport and easy to eat are a must. Take along bite sized bites like these Antipasto Skewers, Sandwiches, Pasta Salads or hearty greens like a Strawberry Kale Salad, that won’t wilt in the heat. Fruit is a wonderful choice, as well as a cheese or charcuterie. And don’t forget your favorite refreshing fun fruity beverage, like this Strawberry Lemon Drop, cocktail or mocktail version.
Just remember recipes don’t have to be boring and bland to be easy. My taste making friends from Sunday Supper Movement have come together to bring you wonderful ideas to bring life to your picnic!
Pretty Up this Picnic
When planning any gathering I always like to throw in some special decorating touches that make it “Pretty”ya’ll. For inspiration build your ideas around your food items. To start, I set down a table cloth that added a pop of color and a barrier to the ground. Then a beautiful basket is backdrop to bring in height, dimension, and hey you had to carry that stuff in something right.
With these Antipasto Skewers in mind, I added some store bought bread-sticks in a basket with a red & white napkin, plated some green and red grapes around an artichoke, which was used in the recipe. To hold up the skewers, pasta was placed in a pretty glass dish which also added interest to the space.
Flowers bring color, these were on sale or I would have used come dried ones I had at home. I wrapped them with a napkin that matched the one that went with the bread-sticks and some burlap ribbon tied to finish (I already had this in my closet). Lastly to add a touch of greenery, I wrapped a basil plant with a simple white napkin and the setting is complete.
These simple touches make your guests feel special and the occasion more fun! Those little details go a long way! Making everyone feel special is what Southern Hospitality is all about!!
TIP: Cook the entire package of tortellini and use extra for dinner! This Creamy Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet is a family pleaser!
Come join in all the fun and let’s be social!
- 10 wooden skewers
- 20 each tortellini, cooked
- 1/4 cup zesty italian dressing
- 10 slices genoa salami
- 10 slices pepperoni, sandwich cut
- 20 basil leaves
- 10 mini mozarella balls
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 20 black olives
- 10 artichoke slices (1 can)
Cook tortellini pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Toss in dressing and let marinate for 15 or until ready to assemble. Discard marinade.
For each skewer, thread an olive, tomato, basil leaf, tortellini, basil leaf, folded salami slice, mini mozzarella ball, tortellini, basil leaf, folded pepperoni slice, artichoke heart, tomato, olive. You can switch up the arrangement if you like.
Best Picnic Recipes to Enjoy at the Park #SundaySupper
Starters, Skewers, and Sandwiches al Fresco
- Antipasto Skewers by Soulfully Made
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Slider Sandwiches by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Italian Layered Portable Picnic Jars by The Weekend Gourmet
- Low Carb Ham Pinwheels by Cricket’s Confections
- Patatas Brava Chorizo Sausage Rolls by Food Lust People Love
- Refrigerator Pickled Ratatouille Vegetables by My Life Cookbook
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps by The Crumby Kitchen
Stow-and-Go Sides and Salads
- Authentic German Potato Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Broccoli Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Popper Macaroni Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Marinated Zucchini and Summer Squash by Caroline’s Cooking
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad by Family Foodie
- Southern Cornbread Salad by Gourmet Everyday
- Summer Quinoa Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon and Avocado Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Whole30 Cauliflower Potato Salad by Bites of Wellness
Drinks and Desserts for Outdoor Dining
- Banana Snack Cake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Hand Pies by Our Good Life
- Cantaloupe Mint Lemonade by Palatable Pastime
- Cherry Poke Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Caramel Layer Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Cherry No Bake Bars by The Freshman Cook
- Mixed Fruit Drink by Basic N Delicious
- Rice Krispie Sushi by NinjaBaker.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.