Take 5 Ingredients and 20 Minutes, you’ll end up with a restaurant worthy dinner served at home. This Creamy Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet is an easy, family pleasing meal packed full of comfort that everyone is sure to love.
Creamy Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet, rich spicy flavors of the Italian Sausage in a creamy red sauce wrapped around a delicious pillowy tortellini pasta. All these flavors come together to create the perfect pasta comfort food!
Easy, Quick & Delicious – Every Busy Cook’s Dream
After a very busy day I dashed by the store on the way home, picked up the ingredients, ran home and had this ready in twenty minutes (And that’s because I made a salad – I mean poured a bag salad and added some croutons)! My husband just couldn’t stop raving about this one! I didn’t want to let him in on my secret!! This magical skillet is SOOOOO EASY!
What you’ll need
- Cheese Tortellini
- Bulk Italian Sausage
- Jar Marinara Sauce
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
Make it 6, if you want to add some – Fresh Basil – to garnish & add a little extra flavor!
Refrigerated 5 Cheese Tortellini is what I picked up for this. To me this has better flavor than frozen, but frozen will work fine too! First your water goes on to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. Just remember you want these al dente – IT’S REALLY IMPORTANT not to overcook them. I actually pull them out a minute early.
Tip: Salt your water (to taste) after bringing to boil to cook your pasta. I throw in a good dash of coarse sea salt.
While that’s cooking. Grab your favorite skillet – Mine is a CAST IRON – and fry up your Italian Sausage. I used a spicy bulk sausage, but use what your family likes. Get it nice and brown and delicious.
Next in goes your favorite jarred sauce. I love a wine based sauce. Pour sauce and cooked tortellini in the skillet and mix.
Add your cream. Oh my greatness this is what dreams are made of!
Now mix it up and let it get all warm and cuddly! It just takes 5 to 10 minutes for the deliciousness to happen. Top with some grated Parmesan cheese and chopped basil. Serve immediately while it’s oh so good!
It’s Family Meal Time!!
I hope your family enjoys this one! You don’t have to even tell them how easy it is. It will be our little secret! But please come back and let me know what they think!
Speaking of family, head over to join our Facebook Family! We have lots of fun talkin’ about foodie stuff, southern hospitality and well anything that comes up! You don’t want to miss out!
Creamy Italian Sausage Tortellini SkilletPrint
- 1 pkg cheese tortellini (20 ounce)
- 1 jar marinara sauce (24 ounce)
- 1 lb Spicy Italian Sausage, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- Parmesan Cheese & Fresh Basil to Garnish
Cook tortellini according to package directions (al dente). Drain.
Fry sausage in a skillet on medium high heat until cooked.
Pour jar of sauce in skillet. Add tortellini. Mix.
Add in cream and mix. Cook for 5 minutes or until warm.
Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped basil. Serve
Affiliate links to products I genuinely love are often incorporated in my posts. Using these links costs no additional fees to you. Thank you for your support.
Come join in all the fun and let’s be social!
Comfort Food Pasta Recipes #SundaySupper
Must Make Meaty Comfort Food Pasta Recipes
- Bacon Onion Spaetzle by Caroline’s Cooking
- Baked Pasta with Kale and Sausage by Simple and Savory
- Chicken Glorioso Pasta Bake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Creamy Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet by Soulfully Made
- Gluten Free Chicken Spaghetti Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Healthy Homemade Hamburger Helper Skillet by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Homemade Spaghetti Noodles with Stuffed Meatballs by The Freshman Cook
- One Pot Chicken Parmesan by Pies and Plots
- Polish Sausage Macaroni and Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pot Roast Stroganoff by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Ravioli with Prosciutto & Arugula by Gourmet Everyday
Must Make Veggie Comfort Food Pasta Recipes
- Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi with Thyme and Blue Cheese by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Butternut Squash Pasta Bake by Cooking Chat
- Light Fettuccine Alfredo by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sour Cream and Chive Noodles by Palatable Pastime
- Spinach Stuffed Shells by Hardly A Goddess
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.