Caramel Apple Dump Cake is the perfect amount of gooey caramel and scrumptious apple filling covered with a soft buttery crunch topping.
This is a recipe that is easy enough to make for a family meal and decadent enough to serve to company! It's completely versatile too! You can omit the caramel if you like and use any type of pie filling. Are you a big nut fan?? Well throw in some pecans, walnuts or slivered almonds on top with the cake mix for a little extra crunch! Divine!!!
The addition of the caramel says hello there Autumn, let me take a bite!! It's an apple time of year after all. Let's get this celebrations started with this beautiful dessert! Add a simple scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or heck just top this baby with some butter pecan for a little extra yum!! Whatever tickles your fancy and makes that sweet tooth happy will be perfect!
What you will need for an Apple Dump Cake
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Apple Pie Filling
- Caramel Topping
How to make the best apple dump cake
- In a 9 x 13 Baking Dish or in oval slow cooker spray with cooking spray. Spoon cans of apple pie filling in bottom of dish.
- Pour caramel evenly on top of pie filling.
- Sprinkle cake mix on top.
- Place thin slices of butter on top of cake mix. You can also melt the butter and pour it on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or cook in slow cooker on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
Can I make apple dump cake in the slow cooker?
Yes you absolutely can! It is delicious made in a crock pot!
- Spray Cooking spray in the bottom of an oval 6 quart slow cooker.
- Assemble as instructed above.
- Place lid on slow cooker. I like to place a paper towels or tea towel below the lid to catch extra moisture from dripping down onto cake.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hour.
How can I change up the flavors of a dump cake
Dumps cakes are so easy and delicious. You really can use just about any fruit you like ina dump cake. My personal favorite is apple. I like to top it with chopped pecans or walnuts for extra crunch, but you can use cherry, peach, or any other fruit pie filling you have.
Other Recipes that are made with Cake Mixes
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Butterfinger Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Carrot Cake with Whipped Cream Topping
- Lemon Pudding Poke Cake
- Chocolate Oreo Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies