Chocolate Oreo Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies are soft, creamy with a refreshing peppermint flavor and topped off with a little crunch. These cookies are so decadent they leave you saying M’m M’m Good!!
The holiday isn’t complete without a Chocolate Peppermint Cookie. And this one is what I like to call the loaded version. I love to use a cake mix to make cookies. It’s made with a basic dough that includes a cake mix, butter and cream cheese! Yes it’s divine!
The way to change up this basic dough is with all the goodies that goes into it. For this Christmas Cookie, my inspiration combines some of my son’s favorites (yes, I will just blame it on him) to create the perfect combination.
He and I are lovers of mint chocolate so that was a no-brainer, thus using Ghiridelli peppermint chunks – OH YES! Another of his favorite flavors is cookies and cream, so in goes some Oreo’s with the cream and all! And what cookie is any good without a little crunch – gotta have some crunch, so we will top this of with some peppermint chips or smashed up peppermint candies will do the trick too!
Oh Boy WHAT A COOKIE! You just gotta taste it y’all!
How to make Chocolate Oreo Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies
With a mixer combine cake mix, butter, egg and vanilla (you could use peppermint extract if you want a more intense mint flavor).
Once combined add cream cheese and mix. Then mix in chopped Oreo’s and Peppermint chunks.
Once all mixed together refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Okay your done! Not really, but I could eat it like this (but since there is raw egg it technically is not recommended – yes you hear me rolling my eyes) 😉
Take out of the fridge and roll into balls, place on baking sheet with parchment paper and bake at 350° for 9 minutes!
Remove from oven and slightly press with back of spatula to flatten a bit, sprinkle with crushed peppermint. Let rest on baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to completely cool on baking rack. Store in air tight container.
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe
This one is another great way to ring in the Holiday and get into the Christmas Spirit!
Chocolate Oreo Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 Package dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick butter,softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp peppermint or vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup oreo cookies, chopped into chunks
- 1 (10 ounce) package Ghirardelli peppermint chunks
- peppermint, crushed for garnish
- Mix cake mix, butter, egg and peppermint extract. Add in cream cheese and beat until combined.
- Stir in Oreo chunks and peppermint chunks.
- Refrigerate dough 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove and roll into 1 inch ball shaped cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and slightly press to flatten with back of spatula, sprinkle with crushed peppermint. Let rest on baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to completely cool on baking rack. Store in air tight container.
- Cardamom Shortbread by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Dipped Shortbread by Making the Most of Naptime
- Big and Chewy Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies by Cooking with Carlee
- Chocolate Oreo Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe by Making Miracles
- Christmas Sprinkle Cookies by Books n Cooks
- Chunky Cranberry Double Chip Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Coconut Cherry Snowballs by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Coffee Shortbread Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Advenutres
- Double Chocolate Nutella Sandwich Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Eggnog Cookies by Caroline’s Cooking
- Frosted Eggnog Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grandma’s Gingersnap Cookies by Tip Garden
- Grinch Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Heavenly Almond Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Sruvive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies by The Freshman Cook
- Thin Mint Crinkle Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Norwegian Chocolate Chip Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Opa’s Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Rudolph Reindeer Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Snow Kisses by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Snowflake Cookies by The Redhead Baker
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet