Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies are soft, chewy pillows bursting with strawberry flavor. Made with 4 simple ingredients, these cookies are simply delicious!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies are a family tradition at my house! Once you make them I think they will be at yours too!
December rolls around and the kids start sayin’ “Mom when are you making the Strawberry Cookies?” YES you now know it’s Christmas time!
The chewy softness along with the crinkled edges makes this cookie a BIG HIT! Always two thumbs up from adults and kiddos alike!
This year I am going to call them Strawberry “Kringle” Cookies! Because of those scrumptious crinkled edges and ’cause Kris Kringle loves them on Christmas Eve!
Only the best for SANTA! He only leaves crumbs when he stops by my house each year, so I know they must be good y’all! 😉
The tradition doesn’t stop at Christmas time though. Their beautiful pink color makes them perfect for Valentines Day, a baby shower or a fancy tea party too!
Here is the super easy RECIPE that is sure to put a smile on each and every one you share them with!
In a bowl, mix cake mix, cool whip and an egg together until well combined. Now I will warn you. This dough is sticky mess. You have not done it wrong!!
Next place powdered sugar in another small bowl! To shape each cookie, I like to just use my fingers to pick up a “glob of dough.” Yep, so technical and doesn’t sound fancy like they always turn out. But that is what works for me. I just put my fingers in a little powdered sugar first pick up about the 1 inch sized amount, then put that dough into the powdered sugar and coat well.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place cookies about 2 inches apart.
Bake at 350° for 8 to 11 minutes. Mine are usually perfect at 8 to 9 minutes. You do not want to over bake these. They lose their pretty pink color if you do!
You end up with the most delicious and dainty cookie!
TIP: You can make these with other flavored cake mixes too. Lemon and Chocolate are fantastic as well!
We are just a little partial to the Strawberry Flavor, being from the Winter Strawberry Capital! Even though fresh berries are not used in this cookie we have to represent our home town 😉
Come on over and be social!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE
Other Christmas Cookies from our Recipe Box
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) tub cool whip
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar (use as much as needed to coat cookies well)
- Mix together cake mix, cool whip and egg until well combined.
- Spoon out some of the dough (I like to do this with my fingers after coating them with powdered sugar). Then coat each cookie in powdered sugar.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 11 minutes.
- Almond Spice Christmas Wreath Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Black Forest Brownies by Palatable Pastime
- Chewy M&M Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Chocolate Orange Blossoms by Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Marshmallow Meltaways by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Gingerbread Madeleines by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Greek Baklava by House of Nash Eats
- Honningkagehjerter by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lemon Ginger Crinkle Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lemon Pizzelle Della Sondra by Girl Abroad
- Grandmas Lily’s Thumbprints by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mocha Biscotti by Books n’ Cooks
- No Bake Christmas Tree Cookies by Cooking with Carlee
- No-Bake Eggless Chocolate Salami by All That’s Jas
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies by Simple and Savory
- Peppermint Meltaway Cookies by Making Miracles
- Peppermint Sandies by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies by Soulfully Made
- The Old Fashioned Cookie by Making the Most of Naptime
- White Chocolate Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet