This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
After a few minutes of simple prep and three hours of chilling, you’ll have a delicious No-Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake with chewy, sweet chocolate chip cookie dough crust and a silky, fluffy, no-bake filling. Get ready for this, y’all, because this simple dessert is next-level!
Why We Love This Recipe!
- No-Bake Recipe: Make the perfect sweet treat without even preheating the oven– Just mix the ingredients and toss the pan in the refrigerator to forget about it for a couple of hours. You have a light and fluffy cheesecake to enjoy in seemingly no time!
- Cheesecake with a Twist: Skip the ordinary graham cracker or pastry crust for a chewy, chocolatey, edible cookie dough base! It’s perfect for the cookie dough lover and the cheesecake lover!
- Great for Any Occasion: This cheesecake recipe is easy enough to throw together as a mid-week pick-me-up but tasty enough to serve at your next family event, birthday celebration, or office potluck.
Attaining the perfect cheesecake texture with a classic recipe can be tricky– That is, until you’ve had plenty of trial and error to discover the best methods and ingredients. But we don’t always have the extra time to fail and try again. This no-bake cheesecake recipe is the solution!
Get the fluffy, silky, creamy, and delicious flavor of classic cheesecake without the hassle of baking! And as a bonus, I’ve swapped the crispy graham cracker crust for chewy edible no-bake cookie dough! You can’t go wrong with cookie dough, am I right?
If you want more delicious and easy no-bake cheesecake recipes like today’s treat, try this chocolate and creamy Oreo Cheesecake, fruity and fresh Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits, or these festive and fun Fireworks Oreo Cheesecake Bars, perfect for patriotic summer holidays!
Variations and Substitutions
How To Make This Easy Cookie Dough Cheesecake Recipe
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and full recipe instructions!
No-Bake Cookie Dough
Step 1 | Cream Butter and Sugar
Let’s dive right in by setting out a medium-sized mixing bowl and combining the butter and sugar. Make your job much easier by using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment to cream the ingredients together until they are nice and smooth.
And don’t forget to scrape the sides of the bowl!
Step 2 | Whisk in the Flour
Once the butter and sugar are thoroughly creamed together, gradually whisk in the flour until it’s fully incorporated.
**If you want to heat treat the flour, do so before starting the recipe. See the tips section below the recipe instructions to discover how!
Step 3 | Add the Chocolate Chips and Press Dough into Pan
Next, gently fold the chocolate chips into the tasty cookie dough mixture until evenly distributed throughout.
Then, press the cookie dough into a 10-inch springform to make a delicious cookie dough crust, and set the springform pan aside while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
No-Bake Cheesecake Filling
Step 4 | Combine Filling Ingredients
To make the creamy cheesecake filling, add the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream to a large bowl. Whip the cream cheese mixture together on medium speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Step 5| Pour and Smooth Filling, Chill in Fridge, and Serve!
Then, pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan on top of the homemade cookie dough and smooth the top with a rubber spatula or similar tool. Finally, place the cheesecake in the fridge for 3 hours to set.
After a couple of hours, all that’s left to do is slice the tasty cheesecake, serve it with your favorite toppings, like whipped cream, caramel, or additional chocolate chips, and, of course, dig on in!
- Heat-Treated Flour– Get rid of the pathogens and bacteria in your raw flour by heat-treating it first. See the section below.
- Keep it Clean– Avoid a mess by adding about a half cup or less flour at a time. Adding the entire measurement all at once may lead to a dusty mess on your countertops!
- Full-Fat Cream Cheese– Use full-fat cream cheese for the most rich and creamy results.
- Making the Cookie Dough Crust– If you have trouble pressing the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan, first use a rolling pin to roll out the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Then, transfer the dough to the pan and press to fill in any gaps.
How to Heat-Treated Flour
If you want to eliminate the pathogens and bacteria in your raw flour, try heat-treating it first. Here is how:
To keep this recipe totally no-bake, place the flour in a microwave-safe bowl or plate and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes.
You can also spread it on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Then, bring the flour temperature to 160 degrees F to make it safe for consumption. Let it cool down for about 30 minutes before using it in the recipe. Voila! Safe flour for your delicious no-bake creation.
There are several ways to ensure your no-bake cheesecake is as thick as it should be. Remember to use room temperature cream cheese to give it the ideal structure, and don’t cut the time short for allowing the recipe to chill and set. If anything, keep it in the fridge for a little longer than three hours or up to 24 hours before serving to give it plenty of time.
And finally, be sure to whip the filling until the heavy cream it contains begins to form stiff peaks. This will give the cheesecake that lovely light and airy bite.
Believe it or not, no-bake cheesecake freezes well despite the dairy content. First, allow it to completely set in the fridge, ideally chilling it overnight or for longer than three hours. Then, place it in the freezer uncovered. Once frozen, remove the cheesecake and wrap it or put it in an airtight container to store for up to three months.
When you’re ready to serve it, let it thaw overnight or leave it out on the kitchen countertop for no longer than three hours. If desired, freeze the leftovers in slices to serve a piece at a time and make thawing quicker.
You’ll want the cream cheese for this recipe to be nice and soft so it easily blends into the filling mixture without dealing with large lumps. If you forget to set it out well before beginning the recipe, don’t worry– There are several ways to make it soft at the last minute!
One way is to place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it for 10-second intervals about three or four times. Just be sure not to over-warm it. Another method is leaving the cream cheese wrapped in the foil and placing it in a bowl of hot water until softened.
Refrigerate: Keep the cheesecake fresh by covering it with plastic wrap in the springform pan or storing it in an airtight container for up to five days in the refrigerator.
Freeze for Long-term Storage: Store the cheesecake in the freezer for up to three months. First, let it set completely, then transfer the cake to the freezer uncovered.
Once frozen, tightly wrap the cheesecake with plastic wrap or store it in a sealed container. Then, thaw overnight in the refrigerator or on the countertop for a couple of hours.
What to Serve with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Top your homemade cookie dough cheesecake with sugary-sweet Strawberry Jam, a dollop of fluffy Homemade Whipped Cream, and serve with a heaping scoop of No-Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream– Now, that sounds like a party for your taste buds!
More Unique Cheesecake Recipes
- Biscoff Cookie Butter Cheesecake Bars
- Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies Recipe
- Berry Cheesecake Salad Recipe
- Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- Apple Butter Cheesecake Tart
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake Parfait
No-Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, (to heat treat flour see notes and prep 30 minutes ahead)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
No-Bake Cookie Dough
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment to cream the ingredients together until smooth.
- Once the butter and sugar are thoroughly creamed together, whisk in the flour until fully incorporated. (If you would like to heat treat the flour – see notes for directions)
- Gently fold the chocolate chips into the cookie dough until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough. Press the cookie dough into a 10-inch springform to form a crust. Set the springform pan aside while you prepare the filling.
No-Bake Cheesecake Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, whip together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy cream on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan and smooth out the top with a spatula. Place the cheesecake in the fridge for 3 hours to set.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.