Looking for the Best Blueberry Cookie Recipe? These Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies are soft, fluffy, with a cheesecake-like texture, and just bursting with fresh blueberries and velvety white chocolate chips.
Made simple by using a cake mix, these blueberry cake mix cookies are packed with all the flavors of a blueberry cheesecake wrapped up in a handheld treat you are sure to love!
Why you’ll love this Blueberry Cheesecake Cookie Recipe!
- Super Simple: Blueberry Cake Mix Cookies are so easy because you start with a cake mix and add a few ingredients to make them something fresh and amazing!
- Fun & Festive: These are the perfect cookie for especially spring and summer when blueberries are in season. They are great for holidays like Easter, summer cookouts, or BBQs, anytime you want to add a pop of blue to the menu! However, you can make these all year long though! Just use freeze-dried blueberries in place with fresh.
This semi-home Blueberry Cheesecake Cookie is made with simple pantry staple items and a few ingredients from the fridge that most people always keep at home. Add in those delicious fresh plump blueberries and you have the best blueberry dessert.
What is better than simple chewy cookies with loads of flavor? Not much else y'all. Except maybe that aroma while they are baking! It sure brought my son running to the kitchen. I have to say he did say he thinks this is his new favorite cookie.
Let's get to baking this cakey cookie recipe! Here's what you'll need to get started.
How to Make the Best Blueberry Cookies
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and instructions!
Step 1 | Prepare Blueberry Cookie Dough
First, make the cookie batter. Mix cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla extract, and softened cream cheese and beat until just combined. Then scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
Step 2 | Add Blueberries and White Chocolate Chips to Cookie Dough and Refrigerate
Secondly, stir in white chocolate chips and blueberries.
Thirdly, refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then remove the dough from the refrigerator and scoop with a small cookie scoop or roll into 1-inch cookie dough balls.
Step 3 | Preheat Oven and Bake
Next, bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes. Then, let them rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
All that's left is to remove from the cookie sheet and completely cool on a cooling rack. (If you can wait)
Enjoy these nice soft blueberry cookies- they sure are scrumptious y'all!
- Don't overbake the cookies. You want them to be a little gooey on the insides and slightly golden brown on the outside.
- Make sure your butter, egg, and cream cheese are at room temperature.
- For easy clean-up, line your baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Otherwise, use a non-stick baking spray on the cookie sheet.
- Blueberries contain a lot of water, thus making these very soft cookies as they sit. I recommend eating these within 2 to 3 days or freezing them. If you want them to last a little longer try using freeze-dried blueberries.
I have not tested this with frozen berries however, blueberries have high water content and these cookies become very soft after sitting with fresh blueberries. However, I would recommend using freeze-dried blueberries if you don't have access to fresh ones or if you want the cookie to hold up longer.
Yes. For a classic cookie choose white, vanilla, or yellow. You can always grab what is on sale or try something creative with other flavors.
In order to make them vegan, use vegan butter. Swap out the egg with a flaxseed egg and use dairy-free baking chips and vegan cream cheese. To make a flax egg use 2 ½ tablespoons of water to 1 tablespoon of flax meal. Also, be sure your cake mix is also vegan. Many Betty Crocker mixes are - just check the labels to be sure.
Although I haven't tested this with a gluten-free cake mix you should have good results by making that swap.
Substitutions and Variations:
You can make cookie dough, refrigerate it overnight and make the cookies the next day.
Since these blueberry cake mix cookies are super soft, I like to line my container with a paper towel. If you have more than one layer I place a paper a layer of wax paper with a paper towel on top in between layers then cover the container with foil or plastic wrap. You can also place it in an airtight container with a lid and store it at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Once completely cooled, place in an airtight freezer-safe container or zip bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
More Delicious Blueberry Desserts to Try:
If you love blueberries you will also want to try Blueberry Vinaigrette Dressing. It is delicious as a salad dressing or a dip for fruit or a dessert tray, but also amazing as a marinade for steak, chicken, and pork.
Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies Recipe
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix, dry mix
- ½ cup butter, softened - room temperature (1 stick)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 ¾ cup fresh blueberries or freeze-dried blueberries
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer in a large bowl; mix cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla extract, and softened cream cheese and beat until just combined.
- Gently stir in white chocolate chips and blueberries until just combined and evenly distributed in the dough.
- Cover dough and refrigerate the cookie dough for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then, remove from the refrigerator and scoop with a small cookie scoop or roll into 1-inch ball-shaped cookies. Next, place the cookie on a silicone mat or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven when the cookie is just beginning to turn golden brown on the bottom edges. Then, let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes to slightly firm up. Finally, remove with a spatula and place on a cooling rack to completely cool.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.