This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Delicious Blueberry Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe: A zingy and zesty vinaigrette salad dressing with a fruity touch of sweetness. It is so good poured over fresh summer salads, roasted veggies, or even a beautifully grilled protein.
This Homemade Blueberry Vinaigrette Recipe lends fantastic sweet and tart flavor to many green healthy salads. But this new dressing recipe can also be used as a veggie dip or a marinade for meat.
Homemade dressing can seem intimidating at first. But once you begin trying some dressing recipes like my Catalina Salad Dressing, you will wonder why you ever buy your dressings! It is so simple to pull together a great dressing in no time and make it just what you like.
Once you make a batch, store it in a container like a mason jar in the fridge and use it on whatever you would like! You will love trying it out in new recipes. For instance, my Grilled Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad. It is a lightly dressed mixture of delicious pasta mixed with the cream of the summer crops’ veggies. Why not make it a touch different the next time you make it and use Blueberry Vinaigrette?
Most of the time, you will already have the ingredients for this easy vinaigrette dressing in your pantry. Then when you add the unique flavors, like the fresh blueberry puree in this easy salad dressing recipe – you have a winner.
Not to mention, when you make any easy salad dressing at home, you have total control over the amount of salt and pepper and the sweetness of the dressing!
Why you’ll love this recipe!
- Quick and Easy- Making this Blueberry Dressing only takes a very few minutes and it is simply gorgeous!
- Great Fruit Flavor- Fresh blueberries add gorgeous color and that fruity good taste.
- It’s Versatile- You can use this vinaigrette salad dressing on many items, not just on salads.
Tangy vinaigrette dressings are the basis for many other recipes. They are excellent marinades, go great poured over vegetables, and of course, as a salad dressing.
In fact, vinaigrettes are simply a cold sauce, marinade, or dressing made of vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. What you add to the homemade salad dressing is what makes each unique.
All you need is a handful of ingredients and you are on your way to a delicious blueberry vinaigrette salad dressing! Here’s what you will need.
How to Make Blueberry Vinaigrette Dressing
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and instructions!
Step 1 | Blending the Ingredients
Of course, you will want to rinse the blueberries and get any of those pesky stems off them. And I like to pre-measure all of the ingredients.
Then you can begin placing the ingredients all together into the food processor or blender. Puree the mixture for about 45 seconds until it is fully combined and creamy smooth. You can also use an immersion blender to puree the fruity dressings.
Step 2 | Seasoning the Blueberry Dressing
Grab a spoon and dip it into the creamy mixture. This is where you will add your salt and pepper to taste. Then just pulse or stir the mix until the wild blueberry vinaigrette is just right.
Step 3 | Chill and Serve
Pour the fruity dressing into a container for serving and storing and place it into the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. It is the perfect way to have it ready for use or set on the table.
- Blueberries: Don’t forget to take the stems off the berries for a creamy smooth vinaigrette.
- Frozen Berries: Since the blueberries are pureed, you can use frozen blueberries – but I love the flavor of fresh-picked berries.
Frequently Asked Questions
White vinegar is great in homemade dressings like this yummy dressing recipe. But you can use red balsamic, white wine vinegar, champagne vinegar, or a combination of those.
Yes, in fact, it is. My easy dressing recipe has those beautiful blueberries that contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
There are a couple of ways to reduce vinegar flavor in a premade dressing. You can add some oil, honey, or a pinch of sugar. The beauty here is you are making the recipe yourself – so make it just how you like it!
Substitutions and Variations:
How to Serve Creamy Blueberry Salad Dressing
Pair this dressing in a tasty salad or with other easy recipes and great salad toppings like feta cheese, goat cheese, seeds, and nuts. Use your homemade vinaigrette dressing in every way you can think of.
- Try it on any salad, like my Strawberry Kale Salad. Really it’s great in all kinds of salads or simply over some baby spinach.
- Serve it alongside Sweet Lime Yogurt Dip and a bowl of fresh-cut fruit or sliced veggies.
- This vinaigrette recipe is a great way to marinate chicken, steak, or pork chops – Just place it in the blueberry marinade for an hour or more, and then take it to the grill! Try the dressing with Easy Grilled Steak and Chicken Kabobs or my Skillet Lemon Chicken.
- Another delicious way to serve this is to add it to a charcuterie tray. It really goes nicely on the side as a dip or even drizzled over gorgonzola and served with toasted nuts and crackers.
In the Fridge:
Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
I do not recommend freezing dressings.
More Blueberry Recipes to Try:
(click stars to rate)
Blueberry Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup olive oil, (or favorite neutral oil)
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar, (may also use red balsamic, white wine vinegar, champagne vinegar, or a combination)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a blender or a food processor combine blueberries, vinegar, honey, lemon, and olive oil blend until combined and creamy (about 45 seconds). Taste and add salt and pepper to desired taste and stir or pulse until mixed.
- Serve over your favorite salad or greens.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.