Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak is comfort food at its best...scrumptious beef patty smothered in a deliciously rich mushroom and onion gravy. All cooked to perfection in the slow cooker!
As fall has begun and cooler weather starts to slowly set in, many of us long for comfort food. Although, here in Florida and it still isn't cool by many standards, the breeze has kicked up a bit and I can just feel fall just longing to burst on in!
My taste buds also start longing for a bit of comfort too. I start craving thinkgs like mashed potatoes, creamy mac n cheese or maybe a nice slice of chicken pot pie. But this Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak is a family favorite that always gets whipped up in our kitchen just as soon as I pull out the fall decor!
This meal is as satisfying to the belly as it is the soul. Fall is a time of reflecting on gratitude and thankfulness, and during this time I think our tummies long for comfort as much as our hearts do.
Let's get to cooking up this meal made with lots of love!
In a bowl, combine hamburger mixture and form 6 patties. Brown in a skillet or slow cooker, if it has a saute feature. Remove beef patties and set aside.
In a bowl combine gravy mixture ingredients.
Layer mushrooms and onion slices on the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour gravy mixture over the mushrooms and onions. Then add patties to the top and move around until coated in gravy. Place on lid. Set to high for 4 hours.
After cooking is complete. Mix slurry mixture. Move patties to one side of slow cooker. Pour in slurry and stir around to thicken. Move patties back into gravy and stir to coat with gravy. Garnish with fresh parsley to serve.
Round out this meal with these delicious Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes (recipe will be up this week) and some Garlic Butter Green Beans ! Also head down and check out all the slow cooker comfort foods my taste making friends from Sunday Supper are making!
Come on over and Join Us and Let's Be Social Ya'll!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe
More Comfort Food to Enjoy
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- 6 to 8 ounces slices mushrooms
- ½ sweet onion, sliced
Broth / Gravy Mixture
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 1 pkg Brown Gravy or Au Jus Mix
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon country dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon parsley
Salisbury Steak Patty Mixture
- 1 ½ lb lean ground beaf
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ cup water
- In a bowl, combine Patty mixture and form 6 patties. Brown in a skillet or slow cooker if it has a saute feature. Remove beef patties and set aside.
- In a bowl combine gravy mixture ingredients.
- Layer mushrooms and onion slices on the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour gravy mixture over the mushrooms and onions. Then add patties to the top and move around until coated in gravy.
- Place on lid. Set to high for 4 hours.
- After cooking is complete. Mix slurry mixture. Move patties to one side of slow cooker. Pour in slurry and stir around to thicken. Move patties back into gravy and stir to coat with gravy. Serve.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Slow Cooker Comfort Food Recipes #SundaySupper
Desserts, Breakfasts, and Sides
- Easy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Banana Pudding by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Baked Apples by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Slower Cooker Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter by Our Good Life
- Beef Brisket in Slow Cooker by Life Tastes Good
- Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff by Flour On My Face
- Crockpot Cabbage Rolls by My World Simplified
- Slow Cooker Asian BBQ Pork by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Asian Garlic-Ginger Meatballs by The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy by Sunday Supper Movement
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Cube Steaks Paprika by Hardly A Goddess
- Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Chicken by Cricket’s Confections
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak by Soulfully Made
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Swiss Steak by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Tinga de Pollo Poblano by Cooking On The Ranch
Soups, Stews, and Pastas
- Beef Massaman Curry (Slow Cooker) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Beefy Chili Mac by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Kid Friendly Mac and Cheese in a Crockpot by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork & Lentil Stew by Gourmet Everyday
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup by Bites of Wellness
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Mexican Casserole by My Life Cookbook
- Slow Cooker Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Pasta by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork Stew by The Freshman Cook