Instant Pot Garlic Butter Green Beans, simply and quickly made with butter, garlic and a little salt. Made in minutes, these Instant Pot Green Beans are sure to find the way to the table often!
*Soulfully Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
Who out there loves green beans?
Like most Southerners I used to cook mine to death. I still like them that way, but there are times I also like them crunchy! These are about middle of the road. They still have a little crunch, but they are soft enough too. If you like them really crunchy, I would start with just 2 minutes in the IP and see what you think.
Don’t have an IP – No worries! Check Recipe for stove top cooking instructions below!
I am still fairly new to the whole Instant Pot craze… BUT, I am CRAZY for mine.
A few Reasons Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cookers are so Fabulous!
- When you forget to lay something out for dinner! It’s okay you can cook it really fast in this!
- It just tenderizes meat like nothing else! Try these BEEF TIPS – OM Goodness they are the bomb!
- It makes the Creamiest Mac N Cheese in minutes!!
- And Beans – Yummiest Beans in a fraction of the time! These Charro Beans are one example!
- Rice Oh Glorious Rice – This Mexican Rice makes your Maracas Shake!
- You can cook the Juiciest Turkey Breast that melts in your mouth!
- Soups are done in warp speed – Black-Eyed Pea and Collard Green Soup!
Okay I will stop, but can’t ya tell I love it!!
Now lets get on to cooking this side “that goes with anything”. If you are like me this one happens a lot in my kitchen! It will be done in less time than it takes to say that 😉
How to make Instant Pot Green Beans (Pressure Cooker Green Beans)
Step 1. Snap the ends off your fresh green beans and wash them off. Or Vice Versa! Whatever way floats your boat friends!
Step 2. Pour water into Instant Pot along with green beans. Next add in the butter and garlic.
Step 3. Set for manual low pressure for 5 minutes. Then quick release steam immediately (turn pressure valve to open). Stir them up and they are ready to serve!
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK GREEN BEANS in INSTANT POT?
- Firm Crunchy Texture – Low Pressure 0 Minutes (Beans will steam while coming up to pressure)
- For a little Softer Bean but still Firm – Low Pressure 2 minutes
- For Soft Bean but not mushy – Low Pressure 5 Minutes
TIP: You can also use a steamer insert. Place water into instant pot and then beans into steamer basket.
A few things you may need for this recipe
PIN THIS – INSTANT POT GARLIC BUTTER GREEN BEANS – FOR LATER!
OTHER INSTANT POT RECIPES
Love Southern Inspired Recipes Come Follow along!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe
Instant Pot Garlic Butter Green BeansPrint
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
Instant Pot Instructions
Pour water into 6 quart Instant Pot. Add in green beans, garlic, butter and salt & pepper to taste. Release pressure when done. Serve.
Place lid on IP to lock position. Set for manual, low pressure for 5 minutes.
Manually release pressure when done (Turn pressure valve to vent). Serve.
Stove Top Instructions
Pour water into medium size pot. Add in green beans, garlic, butter and salt & pepper to taste. Give them a stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 30 to 40 minutes. Serve.
For crisper green beans in Instant Pot set for 2 minutes. Taste until desired doneness.