Easy Instant Pot Mexican Rice all the great flavors of Mexican Rice made easy with the use of salsa and a few items from your pantry. Loaded with lots of flavor and convenience.
You guys know I love quick and easy and this one is easy enough to make for Taco Tuesday every week! It's tasty and uses things I always have in my pantry and fridge. Well, if you are like me and keep salsa around like mayo 😉
It really is so simple and really tasty! It's a perfect side for any Mexican Food Dish and one I really think you will enjoy. Using convenient items you have arounds makes this a no brainer! But there is no skimping on DELISH here either!
What you need to Make Easy Mexican Rice
- White Rice
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
- Chicken Stock
- Minced Garlic
How to Make Instant Pot Mexican Rice
Step 1. Measure out and rinse rice through a mesh strainer or colander. This will keep the rice from becoming sticky.
Step 2. Just plug in that IP and set it to saute and let it get to HOT. Add in 1 teaspoon of vegetable or canola oil in (medium heat for the skillet) with your diced onion until cook until translucent about 2 or so minutes, during the last minute add in garlic.
Step 3. Add in the rice and let if jive in there about 2 to 3 minutes (while stirring it around), then add in chicken stock, salsa, cumin and salt. Scrape the bottom of the IP to be sure nothing has stuck to the bottom. You now have it ready to cook. Put IP lid on and lock. Set for manual high pressure for 10 minutes!
Step 4. Once the time is up, do a quick release by carefully opening the valve and let the steam release and pin drop. Open the lid and fluff and stir with a fork. It may look like there is too much liquid, but once you fluff it turns out perfectly!
STOVE TOP EASY MEXICAN RICE INSTRUCTIONS
- Measure out and rinse the rice.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, pour 1 teaspoon of vegetable or canola oil. Add diced onion and cook until translucent about 2 or so minutes, during the last minute add in garlic.
- Next add in the rice and saute it about 2 to 3 minutes (while stirring it around), then add in chicken stock (add about ¼ cup more of broth or water), salsa, cumin and sal.Place a lid on top and reduce to simmer and cook on stove top for 20 to 25 minutes until tender.
- Fluff it up with a fork and serve.
Yup it's that easy! I ain't kidding y'all! Enjoy!
A FEW MEXICAN FAVORITES IN THE SOULFULLY MADE KITCHEN
- Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Smokey Charro Beans
- Walking Tacos
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa
Items you may like to Use to Make Instant Pot Rice
*Soulfully Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
Updated Recipe & Photos 5/5/2019 (added garlic and cumin to the recipe).