I guess I've been on a Mexican Food kick lately. I pulled out the trusty Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas recipe. Can I just say I love this sauce?!!
The sauce comes together in a cinch. I use my
Okay, I'm keeping this recipe short and sweet today! It's Friday and I'm going to spend the day having a little fun 😉 Hope ya'll have a great weekend!
Here ya go. Take a flour tortilla and spoon in chicken and sprinkle on some cheese. Roll it up and place it folded side down in a 9 X 13 dish. Repeat X's ten or twelve - however many you can squeeze in the dish - just leave a little room for that sauce to gather around them 🙂
To make the sauce. Melt butter in non stick skillet, whisk in flour and let it cook for 1 minute. Slowly add in chicken stock. Then add in green chiles and sour cream. Mix until well combined and heated. Do not boil.
Pour sauce over tortillas and bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
Top with more cheese (desired amount) I used 2 cups and bake 5 minutes or until melted and slightly golden brown.
Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- 10 to 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 to 4 cups cheese, depending on your taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounce can green chilies
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Spoon chicken into a flour tortilla and add desired amount of cheese. Roll up tortilla and place fold side down in baking dish.
- In a skillet on medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in chicken stock until combined. Add in green chilies and sour cream and mix together.
- Heat until warm. Do not boil.
- Pour sauce over tortillas. Bake for 20 minute at 375 degrees.
- Remove from oven add cheese and bake for 5 minutes or until melted and golden browned