Whether it's Taco Tuesday or you just have a hankering for a little Mexican food. This Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken is the perfect meal for any day of the week. Easy and packed full of flavor! Not to mention you can make two or more meals out of this one!
*Soulfully Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
I just have to tell you I LOVE Mexican Food!!! The town I live in is rich with Mexican culture, so I get to enjoy authentic Mexican Cuisine as much as I want to. Now this dish may not be what you would call an authentic Mexican dish, but hey I'm counting it as one! Nonetheless, it is so delicious!
You put it in the crock pot and it is ready when you get home. I will let you in on a secret! Shh don't tell anyone this! I put the chicken in frozen. This way it doesn’t dry out! It would never be because I forget to take the chicken out (No not I). But really it turns out perfect this way!
Ways to serve this dish
- Creamy Green Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- as tacos
- Imagine this piled on top of your favorite nachos
- or in cheesy filled quesadillas!
Are your taste buds a droolin' yet? One more idea - Pile this yummy shredded chicken on a taco or tostada shell with all your favorite fixings and you have dinner done! Sky's the limit with this recipe!
What you need for Easy Salsa Verde Chicken
- Chicken Breast
- Garlic Salt
- Salsa Verde
How to make Easy crock pot salsa Verde Chicken
Step 1. Take 3 chicken breasts or about (1.5 to 2 pounds) and place them in your crock pot. Sprinkle on 1 teaspoon of garlic salt, 1 teaspoon of cumin and pour that bottle of salsa verde on top.
Step 2. That is it. Cover and let the magic happen.
Frozen Chicken Breast Cook - on low 6 to 8 hours for or high for 3 to 4 hours
Thawed Chicken Breast Cook - on low 4 to 6 hours for or high for 2 to 3 hours.
Remember cook time will vary based on the size of chicken breast and how hot your slow cooker gets. You know it best, so adjust accordingly.
Step 3. Shred the chicken and serve!
How to Easily Shred Chicken
- Shred by using two forks and pull in opposite directions. The chicken will be tender and easily pull apart. This also allows for larger chunks of chicken, if desired.
- Use a hand mixer and turn on on low setting and shred.
- Place in a stand mixer and set to 2 and shred with the paddle attachment.
More Mexican Food Recipes
Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- 1.5 to 2 pounds chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 to 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, (or to taste)
- 1 16 ounce bottle salsa verde
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Sprinkle with ground cumin and garlic salt. Pour on salsa verde.
- Frozen Chicken Breast Cook - on low 6 to 8 hours for or high for 3 to 4 hours
- Thawed Chicken Breast Cook - on low 4 to 6 hours for or high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Shred and serve.
✱ Nikki's Tips
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Recipe and Images Updated May 4, 2019