This Baked Macaroni and Cheese is a creamy cheesy timeless classic finished off with a crunchy cheese topping (yes, just a little more cheese)! You can never have too much cheesy goodness in life!
This recipe finds its way to our table on many occasions. The Holidays are not an exception. Regardless of which one it is! It is requested by the kids, my sisters family, even her in-laws want this deliciousness!
When my five year old nephew declared at Thanksgiving that this was his favorite dish of the day! Well , I have to say that made my day! He never even liked Mac N Cheese before that day – lol!
This is a bit of an indulgence, well a lot of one!! But all the cheese and butter and oops I can’t leave out the cream, make this lip smackin’ good!
What you need for Macaroni and Cheese
- large elbow macaroni pasta
- sharp cheddar cheese
- heavy cream
- panko crumbs
- salt & pepper
How to make Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Step 1. First boil your noodle just 1 minute under the package instructions. I love to use large elbows because that is what my daddy loved. Making this dish makes me all warm and happy because this was his favorite.
Hug your daddy for me if he is still in this world! I sure miss mine!
Step 2. THE SAUCE – Okay now for this sauce. I really think I could just eat this as a meal! I mean HEAVENLY!!
Melt that stick of butter, throw in 2 bags of shredded sharp (I use 1 extra sharp one if I have it) and heavy cream! You can lighten it up with half & half or milk. But OH THAT CREAM!
Step 3. Spray or butter your dish and pour in noodles and cover with cheese. Mix them together. You could also do this in the pan you melted the cheese in first. But this is how I always have done it.
Step 4. In a bowl, mix remaining cheese and panko crumbs.
Sprinkle mixture on top of pasta.
Step 5. Bake at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes until bubbly and slightly browned on top.
Then enjoy every last bite of this beautiful Baked Macaroni and Cheese!
See that butter, that was my daddy’s favorite part 😉
Home Cooked Dishes
Pin and Share
Come be SOCIAL
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe
- 1 lb large elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 stick butter
- 6 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- In salted water cook pasta 1 minute under package instructions. Usually about 8 minutes. Drain
- In a sauce pan melt butter over medium heat, add in 4 cups of cheese, heavy cream and salt & pepper. Stir continuously until melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or butter 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour noodles in baking dish and pour sauce over and stir to combine.
- In a bowl mix 2 cups of cheese and panko crumbs to combine. Sprinkle evenly over the macaroni mixture. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until bubbly and golden on top.