Slow Cooker Beef Brisket is tender, juicy, and infused with tons of flavor and topped off with a homemade BBQ sauce! This is a meal straight from the angels themselves. Quick and easy to prepare, put it in your slow cooker and finished off in the oven or on the grill to caramelize. Succulent and a little bit sticky, this is what BBQ is all about ya’ll!
I know most people think about BBQ as a summer meal, but thanks to the slow cooker this is one you can enjoy all year long. The other day I just got a hankering for BBQ and I knew it wasn’t a day the hubby could spend putting and nursing this in the smoker.
Sometimes you just get a craving and you gotta fill it – right ya’ll??? Nothing was going to stop me from making this one. Slow Cooker Beef Brisket is amazingly delicious. This hunk of meat is meant to be cooked nice and slow to gain its flavor and all that tenderness anyway.
I will warn you it’s got a spicy, tangy bite thanks to a little cayenne and some apple cider vinegar. No worries – if you like a little less spice you can dial back that red (cayenne) pepper before you get started.
How to Make Beef Brisket in the Slow Cooker
Gather up your spices and rub them into the Brisket. Yes use those hands! It’s the best way to get that flavor on the brisket!
While those spices are soaking into the Brisket. Measure out your BBQ sauce spices, ketchup, mustard and apple cider vinegar so they are ready to go into the slow cooker and make this meat magical!
Pour all the sauce ingredients into the slow cooker and stir them up really good. Next place the brisket in and press it down a little to get into that sauce. Put on that lid and let this cook nice and slow all day!
Once this Gorgeous Brisket is done. If you would like brown it a bit in the oven at 400° for about 5 to 10 minutes or on the grill (just keep and eye on it). While it’s in the oven, time to make the sauce!
Just pour the contents out of the crock pot and bring to a boil on the stove top! Some crock pots also have this feature on them now too! Bring it to a boil, then reduce and simmer. Once your sauce thickens a bit it is ready. It usually takes about 5 minutes.
You can mop some on the brisket and put it back in the oven to caramelize too! YUM!
You will notice even after cooking all day this cut of meat will still hold together and can be sliced nicely, but it’s tender enough to be shredded if you like it like that. Another thing I love is you can make two meals out of it too!
Just dig on in and enjoy!
Great Sides from the Kitchen
Come on Over and and Be Social Ya’ll!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe
Slow Cooker Beef Brisket
Slow Cooker Beef BrisketPrint Pin Rate
- 3 to 4 pound beef brisket
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Place Rub ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Rub all over brisket with your hands.
- Pour BBQ Sauce ingredients in the slow cooker. Mix then add the brisket and press brisket into sauce.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove brisket from slow cooker onto a baking tray. Drizzle a few tablespoons of pan drippings on the brisket.
- Pour liquid from slow cooker into a sauce pan and simmer over medium high heat until it thickens to a sauce like consistency.
- Oven Method: Meanwhile, cook Brisket in 400 degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes until it begins to brown a bit. Remove from oven and mop on BBQ sauce cook for 5 minutes turn over and repeat for 5 to 10 minutes or until caramelized. Or do this on the BBQ Grill on medium high heat. Cook time for caramelization may be shorter. Then remove.
- Slice Brisket thinly across the grain and serve with BBQ Sauce.