Instant Pot Corn on the Cob makes the most perfectly crisp and juicy corn! You will never want to boil it again. Whether it is shucked or in the husk, set it and forget it until it’s done!
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
In the summertime corn is plentiful and we tend to have loads of it around where I live. I love corn in just about any form it comes in. It’s so sweet and delicious! I do love cooler cooked corn and that char it gets on the grill too, but I find cooking it in the pressure cooker is so easy, convenient, and it comes out perfectly each and every time.
How to make Instant Pot COrn on the COB
This post may contain affiliate links, for full disclosure policy, please see my Disclosure Policy.
Prepare the COrn
- Shuck your corn if desired.
- If leaving the husks on, you will want to trim the stem at the bottom of the corn and the tip off the top, so that the cob will fit into the instant pot.
Get the instant pot Ready to cook corn
- Pour cold water into the bottom of the Instant Pot
- 1 cup for a 3 or 6 quart Instant Pot
- 1.5 cups for a 8 quart instant Pot.
- Place the trivet or a steamer basket inside the Instant Pot.
Place Corn cobs in the pressure cooker
Pressure Cook the corn on the cob
- Secure lid on the Instant Pot and check to make sure the lid is sealed and the vent is closed.
- Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes for corn that is shucked.
- Cook on high pressure for 3 to 4 minutes for corn that is in the husk.
Manually Releasing the Pressure
- Once corn is done let it naturally release for five minutes then manually release the remaining pressure. This gives a firm but juicy result!
- You can do a manual release right away if in a hurry though.
- To manually release – use a wooden spoon or tongs turn the vent knob to open or venting position.
Delicious ways to Serve Corn on the cob
- Remove corn from the pressure cooker with tongs. Remove husks if they are on.
- Serve with
- butter and salt
- mayonnaise and mexican spices
- parmesan cheese,
- cajun seasoning
- lemon pepper
- or however you enjoy it most! I like mine with butter, salt, and a dash of red pepper.
Other Instant Pot Recipes you will love!
- Instant Pot Garlic Green Beans
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Black Eyed Pea and Collard Green Soup
How do I cook frozen corn on the Cob in the instant pot
If you cannot get fresh corn or on a busy night when you only have some frozen available, here is how to cook frozen corn in your pressure cooker.
- Pour 1 to 1.5 cups of water in the bottom the instant Pot based on the size in the above instructions.
- Put the trivet in.
- Place frozen corn cobs on the rack.
- Put lid on and lock in place.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Naturally release for 5 minutes and then manually release remaining steam.