This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Strawberry Pizza has a buttery sugar cookie crust, sweet cream cheese filling, fresh juicy sliced strawberries, and topped with creamy whipped topping. This delicious sweet treat is always a big hit and devoured anytime it is served.
Strawberries are perfect for savory dishes like strawberry shrimp ceviche cocktail or strawberry jalapeno meatballs to sweet desserts like strawberry cake mix cookies or no-bake strawberry cheesecake parfaits. Any way you serve up strawberries they’re always a heavenly!
Why you’ll love this Strawberry Pizza Recipe!
- Simple Recipe: Easy ingredients make for an easy recipe!
- Perfect for a Crowd: This makes 12 nice-sized slices, but you can cut smaller slices and make it go even further.
- Refreshingly Delicious: This strawberry dessert is so light and refreshing it’s sure to be a hit at your next party, potluck, or family dinner!
I have to say I love all things strawberry! I guess it stands to reason since I am from the winter strawberry capital of the world!
That right! My little hometown produces the most delicious strawberries you can find! We even have a Strawberry Festival to pay tribute to the marvelous berry. For this, I am one lucky girl!
Late November through April I can get really farm-fresh local berries and I am all about making scrumptious strawberry recipes! This strawberry pizza recipe has to be one of my favorites (my family loves it too)!
And when I can’t get them locally they are easy to find from other US areas delivered right to my grocery store! Making this strawberry dessert something I can serve nearly year-round.
No matter what time of year I serve this, it’s always gobbled right up!
How to Make a Dessert Strawberry Pizza
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and instructions!
Step 1 | Prepare Pizza Pan and Cookie Dough Crust
Preheat the oven to 350° and lightly spray the pan with cooking spray.
Place sliced cookies onto the pizza pan and press them into the bottom of the pan. You can also use a roll of cookie dough and either slice or roll it out onto the pan.
If you do not have a lipped pan I recommend not going all the way to the edge as the cookie dough will expand as it cooks.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
Step 2 | Prepare No-Bake Cheesecake Filling & Slice Berries
Step 3 | Layer Cream Cheese Filling, Strawberries, and Whipped Topping
Beat softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Then spread the mixture on the completely cooled sugar cookie.
Slice strawberries with a pairing knife or remove stems and slice with a strawberry slicer?
Place sliced berries on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Top with thawed whipped topping (like Cool Whip) or fresh whipped cream.
- If you do not have a lipped pan I recommend not pressing the cookie dough all the way to the edge of the pizza pan as it will expand as it cooks and may spill over into the oven.
- After rinsing the strawberries be sure to pat them dry or let them dry on paper towels. Excess water will cause the berries to run and make the dessert soggy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use a gluten-free cookie base and whipped topping. As of now, Cool Whip does not contain ingredients that contain gluten, however, they do not certify it as gluten-free. Just make sure the whipped topping you choose does not contain gluten or make a homemade whipped topping.
While we love this recipe without a glaze if you want you sure can add a glaze to this pizza. You can purchase a canned strawberry glaze or one in a plastic container in your produce department. Either mix it with the strawberries or place it on top of the cream cheese mixture then top with berries.
You sure can. Homemade Whipped Cream is easy to make by whipping up heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. I would suggest serving it the same day if you are making it with fresh whipped cream.
Variations and Substitutions:
To store this strawberry fruit pizza cover it in plastic wrap or foil and keep it in the refrigerator. For best freshness, it will last about 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Since the strawberries produce water after a few days the crust can become a little soggy. It still tastes yummy, but best if eaten in 3 days.
You can make this up a day ahead of time or make it the day of. I recommend if you are making it ahead, add the whipped topping just before serving. This will keep the topping from getting messed up by the plastic wrap and also from separating, especially if you choose to use homemade whipped cream.
What to serve Strawberry Dessert Pizza with?
This is a perfect spring dessert and goes wonderful with your Easter Dinner, it is also delicious in the summertime too!
Other Delicious Strawberry Recipes:
This is another family favorite and I had to share this photo of my granddaughter enjoying it so and helping get a few photos for the post today! I hope you and your family love this strawberry dessert as much as we do!
Strawberry Pizza Recipe
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 16 ounces block cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping , thawed
- 2 pounds strawberries, sliced
- Roll out or press sliced cookie dough on 12 to 14 inch pizza pan. Cook as directed. I usually cook at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely
- Beat softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Then spread the mixture onto the sugar cookie base.
- Place sliced berries on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with cool whip and garnish with whole strawberries.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.