A few simple ingredients and this Slow Cooker Cheesy Pesto Chicken Pasta will be tantalizing your taste buds! Tangy pesto with a hint of lemon, mixed with gooey cheese makes an amazing effortless meal!
*Soulfully Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
This meal is a definite hit with my family and I just had to share it with you! It's a go to meal that is easy peasy and so full of flavor! Perfect for busy weeknights and good enough for a Sunday dinner!
The flavors of the pesto, the freshness of the lemon, and the creaminess of the butter just take this over the top! And do I even have to mention the cheese?
Lately, I have been in love with my slow cooker! Anyone else out there that just couldn't Live without yours? I have had to replace an older one and I just really love my Ninja Multi Cooker and the Instant Pot Gem Multi Cooker as well. They have saute, bake and slow cook features. The Instant Pot one has a rice feature that is the Bomb!!
And meals like this make me love it even more! This one is SOOOO GOOOOOD Y'ALL!
Grab that Slow Cooker and let's get started!
You put a few ingredients in and its works it magic on these chicken tenderloins like you wouldn't believe.
- Frozen Chicken Tenderloins
- Refrigerated Section Pesto
- Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
In the Slow Cooker cook chicken (from frozen) on high 2 hours or low 3 or 4 hours until it gets just right.
Let your pasta cook as directed on the package while you shred that chicken and wait for the yumminess to ensue!
Add in the cheese and stir! Let it all melt in for about 5 minutes!
Garnish with a little parsley and you have an amazing dinner for your family! I really cannot tell you how much I love this simple meal! I sure hope you enjoy it too!
10 More Slow Cooker Recipes that make life much easier and so delicious!
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Jalapeno BBQ Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Crock Pot Muenster & Mushroom Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Penne Pasta
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Crock Pot Country Steak with Gravy
- Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- Crock Pot Boiled Peanuts
Pin and Share with Friends Please
Hungry for more easy, home-cooked, delicious recipes?
Sign up for my free recipe club to get family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Pesto Chicken Pasta
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast tenderloins, (or chicken breasts)
- 7 ounce pesto, (I used the Buitoni Pesto with Basil)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ stick butter, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounce bowtie pasta
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella and provolone cheese blend, shredded, (you can use mozzarella if you can't find the blend)
- parsley to garnish
- Place chicken in slow cooker (I put them in frozen). Spread pesto on top of chicken. Squeeze juice of ½ of a lemon over pesto. Put sliced pats of butter evenly on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put on lid and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 3 to 4 hours. Once done shred with two forks.
- In a sauce pan or pot, cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain pasta and pour into slow cooker. Add in cheeses and stir to distribute. Let cook until cheeses are melted. About 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve immediately.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
This was a hot with my family. I did substitute frozen boneless chicken thighs for the frozen tenderloins and added some mixed seasoning salts for a little more flavor. It was also very good reheated the next day.
Nikki - Soulfully Made says
I love using chicken thighs. So much flavor in them. I am so glad you guys enjoyed it. Thank you so much.
I made this today. It was a hit all around and so easy. Sometimes it is hard to find slow cooker recipes that don't take all day. Thank you so much, I'm putting it on the regular rotation. 🙂
[email protected] says
Thank you Krystle! Hearing that you love this makes my day! It's one my family loves so I just had to share it! I hope to hear from you again soon!
Mother of 3 says
That sure does sound yummy and so nice and easy! Pinned.
[email protected] says
Thank you so much! It's a family favorite! I am so glad you stopped by to say hello! I hope to talk to you again soon!I would love to hear if you make it! Many Blessings, Nikki