A few simple ingredients and this Slow Cooker Cheesy Pesto Chicken Pasta will be tantalizing your taste buds! Tangy pesto with a hint of lemon, mixed with gooey cheese makes an amazing effortless meal!
*Soulfully Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
This meal is a definite hit with my family and I just had to share it with you! It's a go to meal that is easy peasy and so full of flavor! Perfect for busy weeknights and good enough for a Sunday dinner!
The flavors of the pesto, the freshness of the lemon, and the creaminess of the butter just take this over the top! And do I even have to mention the cheese?
Lately, I have been in love with my slow cooker! Anyone else out there that just couldn't Live without yours? I have had to replace an older one and I just really love my Ninja Multi Cooker and the Instant Pot Gem Multi Cooker as well. They have saute, bake and slow cook features. The Instant Pot one has a rice feature that is the Bomb!!
And meals like this make me love it even more! This one is SOOOO GOOOOOD Y'ALL!
Grab that Slow Cooker and let's get started!
You put a few ingredients in and its works it magic on these chicken tenderloins like you wouldn't believe.
- Frozen Chicken Tenderloins
- Refrigerated Section Pesto
- Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
In the Slow Cooker cook chicken (from frozen) on high 2 hours or low 3 or 4 hours until it gets just right.
Let your pasta cook as directed on the package while you shred that chicken and wait for the yumminess to ensue!
Add in the cheese and stir! Let it all melt in for about 5 minutes!
Garnish with a little parsley and you have an amazing dinner for your family! I really cannot tell you how much I love this simple meal! I sure hope you enjoy it too!
10 More Slow Cooker Recipes that make life much easier and so delicious!
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Jalapeno BBQ Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Crock Pot Muenster & Mushroom Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Penne Pasta
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Crock Pot Country Steak with Gravy
- Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- Crock Pot Boiled Peanuts
Pin and Share with Friends Please
Slow Cooker Cheesy Pesto Chicken Pasta
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast tenderloins, (or chicken breasts)
- 7 ounce pesto, (I used the Buitoni Pesto with Basil)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ stick butter, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounce bowtie pasta
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella and provolone cheese blend, shredded, (you can use mozzarella if you can't find the blend)
- parsley to garnish
- Place chicken in slow cooker (I put them in frozen). Spread pesto on top of chicken. Squeeze juice of ½ of a lemon over pesto. Put sliced pats of butter evenly on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put on lid and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 3 to 4 hours. Once done shred with two forks.
- In a sauce pan or pot, cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain pasta and pour into slow cooker. Add in cheeses and stir to distribute. Let cook until cheeses are melted. About 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve immediately.
Come on back and let me know what you think!
I love to hear from you!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe