Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Penne Pasta is favorite Italian dish made simple and effortlessly in the slow cooker.
We love Italian dishes at our house! This one has a rich red sauce made with crushed tomatoes and spices, then loaded up with garlicky cheesy pasta goodness! What more could you ask for??? Other than it's an easy to make. Just a few simple steps and you have a meal fit for a king.
Let's get this on the table ya'll!
First mix up your crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion, oregano, parsley, basil and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Season your chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste. Put chicken into crock pot and pour sauce over them. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
Next remove chicken and shred with 2 forks.
Boil your pasta in salted water according to package instructions for al dente. Drain when done. Pour the chicken and pasta into sauce and stir it up. Top with cheeses and then over crock pot and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
Garnish with parsley or basil and serve immediately.
This one is so good friends! I think your family will be happy!
A Few More Recipes Your Family May Love
Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Penne Pasta
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound penne pastsa, cooked
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- parsley or basil, chopped to garnish
- In a large bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion, oregano, parsley, basil and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste. Put chicken into crock pot and pour sauce mixture over chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- When done, remove chicken and shred with 2 forks.
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package instructions for al dente. Drain when done.
- Pour pasta into crock pot. Stir in chicken and pasta into sauce. Top with cheeses. Cover crock pot and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted
- Garnish with parsley or basil and serve immediately.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
You can also find this at Weekend Potluck.
A dear friend made this delicious recipe for a potluck I attended. Oh goodness... THIS is amazing! Truly soooooooo good! I snagged the recipe and will attempt it myself tomorrow. Make it! You won't be sorry!
Nikki Lee says
Thank you, Elle! I so appreciate it!
Katherine A Dietz says
How much chicken 1 or 2 pounds?
Nikki Lee says
I usually use about 1.5 pounds, but honestly either works fine. If you like more chicken go with more. I hope you enjoy!
This is my kind of an easy & delicious meal on a busy day, especially now when the kiddos go back to school. A nice tossed salad is all that was needed to make this a complete meal for us. I used whole grain pasta, 'cause that's what I usually buy. I love this easy recipe, and it's definitely going into my "Busy Days" recipe file. Thank you 🙂
Nikki - Soulfully Made says
Thank you so much Angelina! Easy meals are the best! Especially on busy days (or any day really 😉 ) Best wishes to your kiddos for a succesful school year!