Instant Pot Beef Tips - juicy sirloin beef chunks pressure cooked in a rich delicious gravy until tender ! These melt in your mouth hearty bites are full of delicious flavor!
*Soulfully Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
The Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker has fast become one of my most favorite kitchen appliances. As I keep trying out new recipes, I fall more and more in love with this thing.
Anytime I need a quick meal, I put on my thinking cap and get to recipe testing. Just like with these beef tips! Normally, I cook these in the slow cooker all day to get nice tender sirloin beef tips.
Making it this way this meal is ready in under an hour and is just as tender (if not more). It's such a great way to get a meal on the table for the family fast. This is why I love it friends!
If you do not have an Instant Pot add it to you list for Santa! If he needs some help ordering for I have a added a link HERE ;). You can always put these in the Crock Pot on low for 8 hours or high for 4 and get great results too!
I love to alternate serving this with rice, mashed potatoes or possibly egg noodles to change it up a bit. So pick what your family loves and everyone stays happy!
What you need to make Instant Pot Beef Tips
- Sirloin Beef (Cut into chunks)
- Olive oil
- Garlic Salt
- Red Wine
- Beef Broth
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
Easy Steps to Making Delicious Pressure Cooked Beef Tips in the Instant Pot
Step 1. Season sirloin beef tips with garlic salt, pepper and dust or coat with flour ( I do this on a paper plate).
Step 2. Set the IP to saute feature and let it get hot. Add oil. Place in the sirloin beef tips and saute until browned. This can be done in two batches to not overcrowd the pot. Remove to plate.
Step 3. Add in the onion and saute about 1 minute.
Step 4. Then add in the wine and beef broth (At this point scrape off any brown bits or flour off the bottom of the pan). Return the Beef Tips back into the Instant Pot. Give a stir. Next add the cream of mushroom on top.
Step 5. Close the lid and make sure the pressure valve is closed. Use the Manual setting on High Pressure for 25 minutes. It will take about 10 or so minutes to come up to pressure and start cooking.
I know this looks like a great big mess now, but just wait for the deliciousness!
Step 6. Once done let it release naturally. This took about 20 minutes. This allows it to sit and get so nice and tender.
Note: If the gravy isn't as thick as you like take about ¼ cup of water and add in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and mix up really good. Set the pot to saute and pour in cornstarch slurry and stir. Let it heat for a few minutes and you are all set!
5 of our most popular Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Lemon & Garlic Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Garlic Butter Green Beans
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Instant Pot Meatballs and Gravy
Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) Beef Tips
- 2 pounds sirloin beef tips
- 2 to 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon flour
- ½ tablespoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup red wine, (sub more beef broth if you prefer not to use wine)
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- Season sirloin beef tips with garlic salt, pepper and dust or coat with flour (I do this on a paper plate).
- Set the IP to saute feature and let it get hot. Add oil. Place in the sirloin beef tips and saute until browned. This can be done in two batches to not overcrowd the pot. Remove to plate.
- Add in the onion and saute about 1 minute.
- Then add in the wine and beef broth (At this point scrape off any brown bits or flour off the bottom of the pan). Then add the Beef Tips and juices back into the Instant Pot. Give it a stir. Next add the cream of mushroom on top.
- Close the lid and make sure the pressure valve is closed. Use the Manual setting on High Pressure for 25 minutes. It will take about 10 or so minutes to come to pressure.
- Once done let pressure naturally release for 20 minutes. You can then manually release by opening the valve to let remaining pressure release.
✱ Nikki's Tips
PLEASE PIN - INSTANT POT BEEF TIPS - AND SAVE FOR LATER
LOVE SOUTHERN INSPIRED DISHES COME FOLLOW ALONG!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #SoulfullyMade so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram!
If you loved this recipe please make sure to give it 5 Stars!