When the weather starts to cool off there is something about a nice bowl of soup! It’s full of comfort and warmth and just does the body good. This Pasta Fagioli Soup is nice and meaty while balanced out with delicious beans, veggies and topped off with pasta!
This is another family favorite. It’s that time of year when comfort food is at the top of the list. Who doesn’t love comfort all the time really!! But soups and chili just seem to be cooking up in my kitchen more often this time of year.
What about you?? Do you have a favorite? A go to soup or chili recipe you can’t live without??
Not to mention this is one of the only ways I can get my son to eat beans. Anyone else have a picky eater (mine is only to veggies and beans)?? He seems to think even at 17 he doesn’t like them. But the kid loves sushi – go figure!! Anyway in this he will eat them, so momma is happy about that! Another reason to love this one!
Most of these items are in my pantry with the exception for of the V8 Juice. I grab those in small cans so the don’t go bad. We usually have this a couple of times so I don’t waste it!
What you need to make Pasta Fagioli Soup
- ground beef
- small onion diced
- large carrot, julienned
- stalks of celery, chopped
- diced tomatoes
- red kidney beans
- great northern beans
- V-8 juice
- white vinegar
- ditali pasta
Tip – Once you get this soup almost done put on the pasta. Now, I like to keep my pasta separate and spoon into bowls as they are served. This way the pasta doesn’t bulk up. Stays nice and perfect for each and every bowl! Garnish with some fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese!! Mmmmmmm Good! Oh and don’t forget the bread sticks to dip in that soup!
Come on over and Join Us and Let’s Be Social Ya’ll!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe
Pasta Fagioli Soup
Pasta Fagioli SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup small onion diced
- 1 cup large carrot julienned
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped ( 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans with liquid
- 1 15 oz great northern beans with liquid
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 12 oz can V-8 juice
- 1 - tbsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 - tsp salt
- 1 - tsp oregano
- 1 - tsp basil
- 1/2 - tsp pepper
- 1/2 - tsp thyme
- 1/2 - pound 1/2 package ditali pasta
- Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan or post over medium heat. Drain off most of the fat
- Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients, except pasta and simmer for 1 hour. Or in the slow Cooker on high for 2 to 4 hours or low for 4 to 8 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, cook pasta in 1 1/2 quarts of boiling water over high heat. Cook for 9-10 minutes or just until pasta is al dente, drain.
Comfort Food Soup and Stew Recipes #SundaySupper
- “Make it Your Own” Soup Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Baked Potato Soup by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cabbage and Kielbasa Soup by Our Good Life
- Chicken and Dumplings by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup by Pies and Plots
- Gnocchi, Sausage & Spinach Soup by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Habitant Pea Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice Soup by Sunday Supper Movement
- Meatball and Orzo Soup by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Milchnudeln (German Milk Noodles) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Mushroom Fennel Soup by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta Fagioli Soup by Soulfully Made
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Crock Pot Chicken Posole by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Smoky Chicken-Potato Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Brazilian Seafood Stew with Coconut Milk by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Spicy Lentil Soup with Swiss Chard by Cooking Chat