When the weather starts to cool off there is something about a nice bowl of soup! It's full of comfort and warmth and just does the body good. This Pasta Fagioli Soup is nice and meaty while balanced out with delicious beans, and veggies and topped off with pasta!
This is another family favorite. It's that time of year when comfort food is at the top of the list. Who doesn't love comfort all the time really!! But soups and chili just seem to be cooking up in my kitchen more often this time of year.
What about you?? Do you have a favorite? A go to soup or chili recipe you can't live without??
Not to mention this is one of the only ways I can get my son to eat beans. Anyone else have a picky eater (mine is only to veggies and beans)?? He seems to think even at 17 he doesn't like them. But the kid loves sushi - go figure!! Anyway in this he will eat them, so momma is happy about that! Another reason to love this one!
Most of these items are in my pantry with the exception for of the V8 Juice. I grab those in small cans so the don't go bad. We usually have this a couple of times so I don't waste it!
What you need to make Pasta Fagioli Soup
- ground beef
- small onion diced
- large carrot, julienned
- stalks of celery, chopped
- diced tomatoes
- red kidney beans
- great northern beans
- V-8 juice
- white vinegar
- ditali pasta
Tip - Once you get this soup almost done put on the pasta. Now, I like to keep my pasta separate and spoon into bowls as they are served. This way the pasta doesn't bulk up. Stays nice and perfect for each and every bowl! Garnish with some fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese!! Mmm Good! Oh and don't forget the bread sticks to dip in that soup!
More Soup Recipes you'll love
- Spanish Bean Soup
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Black Eyed Pea and Collard Green Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
Pasta Fagioli Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup small onion diced
- 1 cup large carrot, julienned
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped, ( 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 15 oz great northern beans, with liquid
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 12 oz can V-8 juice
- 1 - tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 ½ - teaspoon salt
- 1 - teaspoon oregano
- 1 - teaspoon basil
- ½ - teaspoon pepper
- ½ - teaspoon thyme
- ½ - pound ½ package ditali pasta
- Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan or post over medium heat. Drain off most of the fat
- Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients, except pasta and simmer for 1 hour. Or in the slow Cooker on high for 2 to 4 hours or low for 4 to 8 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, cook pasta in 1 ½ quarts of boiling water over high heat. Cook for 9-10 minutes or just until pasta is al dente, drain.
✱ Nikki's Tips
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.