Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole is a no-fuss, belly-filling meal packed full of saucy chicken and cheesy deliciousness, perfect for a busy day.
You can never have too many crock pot recipes!! Can I get an amen? Do you have busy days, busy lives, or do you just want to have a one pot meal so you can enjoy the evening - kind of nights?? Whether you are running to the ballpark, golf course or ballet, to a time in life when you may be empty nesting it, we all have those days you just don't want to be in the kitchen over a hot stove. So, here it is another great recipe to add to the easy and delicious arsenal.
Ingredients Needed for Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Breast
- Canned Enchilada Sauce
- Soft Corn Tortillas
- Cheddar Cheee
- Black Olives (optional)
How to Make Chicken Enchiladas in the Slow Cooker
Step 1. Start this one off by cooking the chicken in the slow cooker with the enchilada sauce. I usually make this with half red and half green enchilada sauce. You can certainly use all of whichever you prefer.
Step 2. Cook this for 3 to 4 hours on high or you can cook on low for 6 to 8 hours while you are at work or busy about your day.
Step 4. Using two forks, pull the chicken to shred right there in the pot. Dump in 1 cup of cheddar cheese and the cut up corn tortillas. Stir it up. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and top with a few sliced black olives for color.
Step 5. Put the lid on and cook on low for about 45 minutes and dinner is done!
One pot meal all ready to enjoy!
Of course you can garnish or top with anything you like. Tonight we kept it simple and just went with a dollop of sour cream! Sometimes I add shredded lettuce and some tomatoes. Just whatever you like!
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- 30 ounces enchilada sauce, I used half green & half red
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 3.8 can black olives, sliced (I used ½ can)
- Place chicken breast in crock pot and pour enchilada sauce over chicken. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8.
- Shred by pulling chicken apart with 2 forks. Cut corn tortillas into strips. Pour into crock pot with the chicken the tortillas and 1 cup of cheese. Mix up.
- On top of the mixture add 2 cups of cheese and black olive slices on top. Cover and cook on low for 40 to 50 minutes.
✱ Nikki's Tips
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy