Fall is among us and what better way to celebrate the season than a bowl of Caramel Pumpkin Spice Crunch Cake. Top it with vanilla ice cream, chopped walnuts, and a drizzle of caramel for the perfect bite!
It’s Fall and it’s Florida that means time to bring on pumpkin, apples, fall decor and just pretend it isn’t still 90 degrees outside. Even though it’s still HOT, this is one of my favorite seasons of the year. It ushers in football season, hayrides, trick or treating with my nephew and new niece, chili cook offs, gratitude, family and a new season of life.
We may have to bring in faux colorful leaves (ain’t no trees turning colors in my neck of the woods), but with them we are reminded of seasons of life. As my season in life is full of so many changes now, I am sure yours or someone you know is too. I am so very thankful for each and every one of them. They are blessings and lessons all wrapped up in one. I thank God for all of it.
Psalm 104:19 “He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knows his going down.”
This verse reminds me that God has appointed everything under the sun and He has determined it all. That means what you and I are facing now! As much as we might love to change some of SEASONS we are in, like some days wouldn’t you love to take summer and turn it into winter (like about now, when it is still 90 degree’s ;), we just can’t ya’ll. So, embrace this season as God has ordained it to come to pass. That includes it all! The good, bad, wonderful, hard and sad because in the end it will be JOY. It all works out for our best and each season reveals to us something perfect for our life.
I know this is a little different from my normal post. Sharing a little of my faith is a huge part of who I am.
As you take a taste of all the goodness the season brings, I hope that you will see all the goodness God has blessed us with. Now go ahead and enjoy this deliciousness because we were SO created to enjoy all this goodness we have been given!
Cake Layer Ingredients
- Spice Cake Mix
- Whole Milk
- Caramel Morsels
Pumpkin Layer Ingredients
- Pumpkin Puree
- Brown Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Packets
- Self Rising Flour
- Pecans or Walnuts
- Brown Sugar
Put it all together and bake it ya’ll!
I love to scoop it out while it’s still warm and top with ice cream, pecans or walnuts and drizzle with caramel!! Oh yes!! But this can be sliced too!
Come on Over and Join in all the Fun!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe
Other Soulfully Made Desserts
Caramel Pumpkin Spice Crunch CakePrint Pin Rate
Cake - Bottom Layer
- 1 spice cake mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup caramel chips
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 packets maple brown sugar instant oats (I use quaker brand)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 X 13 baking dish.
Bottom cake Layer
- In a stand mixer or by hand mix spice cake mix, melted butter, caramel morsels, @ mix until combined. Pour into baking dish and spread onto bottom.
Pumpkin Layer / Middle Layer
- In a bowl combine pumpkin puree, brown sugar, sour cream and cinnamon. Pour over cake mix layer and spread over entire surface.
Crunch / Top Layer
- In a bowl mix maple brown sugar oats, self rising flour, chopped nuts, brown sugar and softened butter. Sprinkle on top of entire cake.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown. Let cook for about 10 minutes. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream, nuts and caramel drizzle.