This Easy Coconut Cream Pie is dreamy and creamy, filled with a Coconut Pudding filling topped off with cool whip and toasted coconut! It's a classic that is hard to beat!
No matter what the occasion this pie is always a hit! Our family is a little bit nontraditional at the holidays. Our table is not always full of pumpkin and pecan pie. It's a big confession, you may have caught on my Instagram Story, and this southerner may get a bit of flack for this. But hey - I feed my people what they want!
And there are times when I do put out my pecan squares - so y'all don't yell at me too much 😉 They are divine - I will try to have those up in time for your Christmas planning!
Summer, Spring, Fall or Winter we love this creamy pie! It's a classic after all and you can serve it any time! And there is always something chocolate on our dessert table too! So all is well in the world right??4
It's so EASY - because it calls for a pre-made pie shell, and all the ingredients are readily available. They come together for the most lusciously creamy pie. Plus there are always a few sighs when someone takes a bite into this dream of a pie! Good sighs that is!
How to make easy coconut cream pie
- The Crust! Well it's easy, grab a 9 inch deep dish and bake it like that package says!
- Next prepare the dream whip. 2 Envelopes of dream whip, 1 cup of cold milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla!
- Beat on high until soft peaks form. About 4 to 5 minutes.
- Next make the pudding mixture. 2 packs of coconut cream pudding mix, cold milk, and sweetened coconut!
- Whip that together with a stand or hand mixer. Then fold in dream whip mixture.
- Pour that into prepared pie shell. Top with Cool Whip and Toasted Coconut.
- Refrigerate this for 4 hours or overnight This allows those flavors to intensify and it to get nice and cold and perfect!
That's it you are done and have a sigh worthy pie!!
This classic Coconut Cream Pie made with Dream Whip is always a hit! One bite and they will be wanting this recipe!
5 Soulfully Made Sweet Recipes
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Chocolate Cake with Whipped Oreo Icing
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
- Banana Cheesecake Parfaits
- Pistachio Wedding Cookies
Please Pin - Easy Coconut Cream Pie - for Later!
Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 - 9 inch deep dish pie crust
- 2 envelopes dream whip
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes instant coconut cream pudding
- 1 ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 - 8 ounce cool whip, (I used Extra Creamy)
- ¼ to ½ to asted coconut flakes for topping
- Baked pie crust according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- Beat envelopes of Dream Whip, 1 cup milk and vanilla until soft peaks are formed. About 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mix pudding packets, 1 ¾ milk and coconut flakes according to pudding packet instructions. Fold in Dream Whip.
- Toast coconut flakes for top of pie. Spread out coconut on a baking pan and bake at 325 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it. Let cool.
- Pour pudding mixture into cooled pie shell. Top with cool whip. Sprinkle on toasted coconut. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
I am also sharing this over at Meal Plan Monday and Weekend Potluck! So much deliciousness going on over there!
sharon campus says
what size pudding mix used? pic/recipe not clear. thank you
It's a 3.4 ounce size mix.
Nikki - Soulfully Made says
Thank you so much Kathleen! <3
Julie @ Back To My Southern Roots says
I know I would fall in love with this pie with the first bite!
Looks delicious! My Mama makes a refrigerator Coconut Pie, but yours is a little different. I'm saving to make later!
[email protected] says
I hope you like it! My family always loves it! It's so easy to make too!
BILLIE HALL says
would love something like this for a lemon pie. any one with a easy recipe let me know thanks in advance.
[email protected] says
Here is a link to a lemon pie I make. You could also buy a pre made crust to make it even easier! Hope you enjoy! Lemon Icebox Pie
Julie Pollitt @ Back To My Southern Roots says
Every ingredient in this hollers my name! The coconut toasted on top seals the deal. Delish! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.
Cathleen @ A Taste of Madness says
Whoa, yes please! I love a good pie, and if it is easy I love it 10x more 😉
[email protected] says
Thank you so much Cathleen! We must be soul sisters cause this girls loves easy and pie 😉