This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Collard Greens Wrapped Pork Roast – A juicy spice rubbed pork loin topped with onions and a smoky pepper jelly sauce then slow cooked until fork tender. The perfect southern meal for the whole family!
Pork Loin Roast Recipe
Pork and Collard Greens are southern fair you’ll find on many a Sunday dinner tables in the south. I know I always flavor my Collard Greens with some form of pork and it makes them so delish!
For this recipe I thought I would reverse the theory and flavor my pork roast with sweet collard greens. Wrapping it and adding in a few simple spices and then topping it off with a smoky pepper jelly sauce imparts something quite special to this dish! That just means it’s delicious y’all!
This crock pot recipes comes together in minutes and slow cooks until fork tender! A few ingredients and set your slow cooker and forget it until dinner time.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast Ingredients
- Pork Loin
- Collard Green Leaves
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Red or Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
- Sweet Onion
- Liquid Smoke
- Chicken Stock
How to make a roast gravy
I usually just serve this with the juices poured over it. If you want a thicker gravy, make a Cornstarch Based Gravy. Take 1/4 cup of water and 3 Tablespoons of cornstarch and whisk or mix with a fork until completely dissolved and combined. Remove roast and any large veggies or droppings in the liquid. Then slow pour in cornstarch mixture and whisk until combined. Let it sit in slow cooker stirring occasionally until desired consistency (about 20 to 30 minutes).
Flour Based Gravy – If you do not have cornstarch on hand, place about 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted add about 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour and whisk together. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until flour is cooked and then slowly pour in strained juices from the slow cooker until a desired consistency.
Slow Cooker Recipes you will Enjoy!
- Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken Pasta
- Spinach Artichoke Dip (Slow Cooker)
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Italian Beef in the Crock Pot
- Crock Pot Enchilada Casserole
Collard Greens Wrapped Pork Roast
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ cup red or jalapeno pepper jelly
- 4 pound pork loin
- 5 or 6 large collard green leaves, washed and stemmed
- 1 small yellow or Vidalia onion
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- In a measuring cup or small bowl mix together salt, pepper, paprika and garlic.
- Rub spice mixture over all sides of the pork loin.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 6 quart slow cooker with 4 of the collard green leaves. Place pork loin on top of the collards. Spread the pepper jelly on top of the pork loin. Then lay the onion slices on top in an even layer.
- Place the last two collard leaves over the top of the pork roast and wrap bottom and top leaves around the pork.
- In the measuring cup mix the liquid smoke with the chicken stock and pour into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, until fork tender.
- Transfer to serving platter and slice or pull with two forks. Use juice to pour over the roast and any additional juices can be served on the side.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.