Ready to Fiesta? Start off your Cinco de Mayo celebration with this Chicken Tortilla Soup! The celebration can’t begin with out it!! And it’s ready in 30 minutes! OLÉ And do you see that cilantro! Well it is calling your name!
We have a Mexican restaurant in my hometown that makes this soup and when I made this the first time I though YES I finally know their recipe. Well not really their exact recipe, but wow does it sure taste like theirs! Do you see me smiling! Thank goodness I did not have to beg for their recipe!
I must say I found a recipe on Pinterest a few years back and made a few changes to the original recipe. In order to get the amazing flavor the first thing you will want to do is make Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken. This chicken is the key to the soup! The recipe makes enough chicken for a meal, like perhaps Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas, and you will have enough left over to make this soup too! WIN two meals!!
This soup is ready in 30 minutes – ANOTHER WIN!! Yes and it is full of flavor and you don’t have to cook it all day! Now since the chicken does need a little time. Make it ahead of time or get it started in the morning! Shred your chicken and you are ready for an amazing soup!
You need 64 ounces of chicken broth, 2 cups of shredded chicken, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 can of Rotel Original (diced tomatoes with green chili’s), 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 can of drained corn (or frozen corn works great too), 1 to 1 1/2 cup long grain white rice, juice of 1 lime, and cilantro to taste. All goes into a large pot, bring to a boil.
Reduce to medium low and simmer for 30 minutes!
Now hold on to your maracas because these Sunday Supper Taste makers have come up with Cinco de Mayo Recipes fit for any FIESTA!!
Other Soup-er Recipes
TACO RELATED RECIPES
Chicken Tortilla Soup | #SundaySupperPrint
- 2 cups Salsa Verde Chicken shredded
- 64 ounces chicken broth
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can Rotel Original
- 1 can of corn drained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of long grain white rice
- 1 lime juiced
- cilantro to taste
- tortilla strips Mexican blend shredded cheese & cilantro to garnish
- In a pot add 2 cups shredded chicken, 64 oz of chicken broth, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 can of Rotel Original (diced tomatoes with green chili's), 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 can of drained corn (or frozen corn works great too), 1 to 1 1/2 cup long grain white rice, juice of 1 lime, and cilantro to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for 30 minutes.
Sunday Supper Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Beef and Portobella Tostados by Our Good Life
- Cumin Spiced Potato Quesadillas by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Easy 5 Minute Restaurant Style Salsa by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fiesta Corn Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rotisserie Chicken Nachos by Pies and Plots
- Cheese Enchiladas with Red Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicken Tinga Chalupas by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by Soulfully Made
- Chipotle Chicken and Black Bean Soup by Cooking Chat
- Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Casserole by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas with Mexican Slaw by A Mind Full Mom
- Southwestern Chicken Layered Salad with Cilantro Dressing by My Savory Spoon
Sides and Sauces
- Alambre Skillet Cheese Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Black Bean Cilantro Rice by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mango Habanero Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Queso Fundido (Melted Cheese with Chorizo) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Slow Cooker Healthy Refried Beans by Cricket’s Confections
- Blueberry-Chocolate Jicamuffins by What Smells So Good?
- Carlota de Limón – Lime Charlotte by Sunday Supper Movement
- Flourless Mexican Hot Chocolate Cake by Baking Sense
- Margarita Cupcakes by Gourmet Everyday
- Oreo Taco Cookies by Ninja Baker
- Sopapilla-Inspired Cheesecake Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Gluten-Free Hand Pies by And She Cooks
- Chicken Street Tacos by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Fajitas by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lime Chicken Soft Tacos by Life Tastes Good
- Mini Taco Bowl Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Pineapple Lime Chicken Tacos by Brunch-n-Bites
- Taco Bake by My World Simplified
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.