Throw together fresh strawberry slices, hearty granola, creamy vanilla yogurt, and a sugary strawberry mixture for an effortless and filling breakfast. Get ready for this delicious Strawberry Yogurt Parfait!
I just love making fruity parfaits to wake my family and me up on even the sleepiest mornings. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and creamy to really get you ready for a productive day! The fresh fruit makes every bite so juicy, while the granola brings a satisfying crunch.
To top it all off, I like to add an extra sweet layer of strawberries mashed with sugar. It takes this ordinary layers of yogurt parfait recipe to the next level!
This healthy strawberry parfait lends dietary fiber, vitamin c, vitamin d, protein, and more for a light breakfast to really get you up and out in the morning.
If you’re searching for more irresistibly sweet strawberry recipes, there’s no shortage here! Enjoy a delicious Strawberry Kale Salad for lunch, make Homemade Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles for sunny spring days, or sip on a Strawberry Sunset Lemon Drop to kick off the weekend!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe!
- The Perfect Breakfast for Two: Cooking for two can be a challenge. But with this recipe, you won’t have to worry! It is written to make two (16 ounce) delicious servings. But easily can be made into 4 smaller parfaits or just use the recipe serving adjustment in the recipe when you want to serve more.
- Simple Preparation: This strawberry, yogurt, and granola parfait is one of the quickest and easiest breakfasts to throw together during busy weekdays.
- Nutritious: So many breakfast recipes have almost no nutritional value and only make you feel more sluggish than when you first wake up. Start the day with a refreshing and healthy breakfast, and be ready to tackle work, chores, and more!
Variations and Substitutions
How To Make the Best Strawberry Granola Parfait
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and instructions!
Step 1 | Add sugar to the berries
The first step for this easy parfait recipe is to wash and slice the fresh and juicy strawberries. Once thinly cut, separate them into two halves.
Place one-half of your strawberries in a medium-sized bowl and sprinkle the granulated sugar on top. Mix the ingredients until all the berries are nicely covered with sugar.
Step 2 | Smash the sugar and strawberries
Allow the mixture to sit for about 15 minutes and frequently stir. This will allow the sugar to really mix in with the sweet strawberry slices. Then, take out all your frustrations and smash the mixture with a fork! Mashing the strawberries and sugar will release more juice from the fruit—YUM!
Step 3 | Add the granola
Next, set out a couple of parfait glasses. Stemless wine glasses, small mason jars, and dessert glasses work well for this parfait recipe. Then, add a few spoonsful of granola to the bottom of a glass. You want a ½ to 1-inch thick layer for each. Keep in mind that this will only use about half of the total granola measurement.
Step 4 | Make a layer of yogurt and fresh strawberries
Now, top the granola with yogurt. Use your favorite yogurt and create a layer about 3 inches thick. Follow up with a layer of freshly sliced strawberries. Save the strawberry-sugar mixture for later.
Step 5 | Add more yogurt, granola, and the strawberry mixture
Then, drop in the fresh strawberry slices with a generous amount of Greek yogurt, followed by more crunchy granola and a few spoonsful of the sugary strawberry mixture.
Step 6 | Serve and enjoy!
And that’s it, y’all! How easy was that? All that’s left to do is dig into this refreshing, simple-yet-heavenly strawberry yogurt parfait.
- Remember to Let the Mixture Sit - Mashing the fruit mixture after it sits for 15 minutes allows the juices in the fruit to finish releasing. This also makes it much easier to spoon the mixture onto your parfaits.
- Prep Ahead - You can prepare the berry and sugar mixture ahead of time and leave it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. It actually melds the flavors together even further for a sweeter and juicier parfait topping.
- Fresh Fruit Only- These parfaits work best with fresh fruit. I would not recommend trying to make them with frozen strawberries. While possible, the results won’t be as tasty as if you use fresh berries.
There are so many ways you can customize this yogurt with strawberries and granola parfait. Add fresh strawberry slices to the top, grate some lemon zest over the dish, and more.
A bit of cream cheese mixed with a tiny bit of powdered sugar makes a savory sweet topping and a great way to serve an afternoon snack. And, of course, you can always serve this dish as a creamy dessert and add strawberry sauce, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, and nuts.
The possibilities are endless. Make a mixed-berry parfait by adding fresh blueberries and raspberries to the strawberries. Or create a sweet blueberry parfait. You can even add diced pineapple to the yogurt and granola parfait.
If you’re not a fan of granola or if an allergy is holding you back, try using graham cracker crumbs mixed with melted butter or crushed shortbread cookies. You can even use sugary oats instead of nut and grain granola.
Yogurt, alone, is a milk-based product made plain or with flavoring, like strawberry, blueberry, cinnamon, vanilla, or other more creative flavors, like cheesecake or Boston cream pie. What makes it into a parfait is adding other ingredients in layers, like granola and fresh fruit.
Store leftovers in the Fridge: Once assembled, these parfaits are best served fresh. After a while, the yogurt will start to soften the granola. If you do not care about the texture of your granola, you can store these parfaits in the fridge for up to 2 days, covered with plastic wrap or a lid. The granola on top may still be crunchy, but the granola on the bottom will become mushy.
If you want to make these ahead of time, skip the bottom granola layer and store them in the fridge for a couple of days before serving. When you’re ready to dig into the delicious parfaits, add the granola to the top, and you’re good to go!
Make a To-Go Parfait: If your mornings are quick, make the strawberry yogurt parfait in a mason jar and seal it for a leisurely breakfast on the go.
Can You Store Parfaits in the Freezer?: Because of the dairy content, I do not recommend keeping the parfait in the freezer.
What to serve with this Healthy Breakfast Parfait
Keep it simple by serving it with fresh fruit, like blueberries, raspberries, apple slices, and of course, juicy strawberries. Or complete your breakfast with a piece of sweet banana bread and warm sausage links. Try my classic banana bread recipe or this Blueberry Banana Bread.
Even better, use this sweet and fruity recipe as a dessert and top it with homemade cookie crumbles like my Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies or these crisp Oatmeal Lace Cookies! In that case, don’t forget a swirl of fluffy whipped cream!
Other Fruity Parfaits and Similar Recipes
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake Parfait
- Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Apple Pecan Sticky Bun Bites
Hungry for more easy, home-cooked, delicious recipes?
Sign up for my free recipe club to get family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Strawberry Yogurt Parfaits
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, sliced, divided
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, (this can be adjusted based on the sweetness of the berries)
- 1 ½ cups granola
- 2 cups vanilla greek yogurt, (or your favorite)
- Place half of your strawberries in a medium-sized bowl with the sugar and stir until the fruit is evenly coated.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 15 minutes, smash the mixture with a fork to help release the juice from the fruit.
- Place a few spoonsful of granola in the bottom of two glasses. The layer of granola should be about ½ - 1 inch thick
- Add a layer of yogurt about 3 inches thick to the glass followed by a layer of freshly sliced strawberries.
- Top the strawberries with a generous amount of yogurt followed by granola and a few spoonsful of the strawberry mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
✱ Nikki's Tips
- I like to have some fresh fruit slices in my parfaits, but alternatively, you can add all the strawberries to the sugar mixture. Simply add an extra 2 tablespoons of sugar to the mixture. This really softens up the strawberries and releases their juice so they spread throughout the whole parfait, but they add quite a bit of moisture and will make the parfait a little bit runnier.
- Mashing the fruit mixture after it sits for 15 minutes allows the juices in the fruit to finish releasing. This also makes it much easier to spoon the mixture onto your parfaits.
- You can prep the fruit/ sugar mixture ahead of time and leave it in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- You can use any kind of granola in this recipe. For this recipe, I used basic granola sweetened with honey, but chocolate granola also tastes amazing with strawberries. Any granola you love works.
- These parfaits work best with fresh fruit, I would not recommend trying to make them with frozen strawberries.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Super easy and delicious parfait recipe! I love these for breakfast!
These were so light and delicious! Thank you for an awesome recipe!
Sara Welch says
This was the perfect blend of smooth, crunch and delicious! A great way to satisfy my sweet tooth, indeed!
This yummy parfait feels like dessert for breakfast! And I hardly used any sugar. I love the idea of having a toppings bar, too.
Your Strawberry Yogurt Parfait is great! My roommate will love it when I make it for her. Thanks for sharing!