If you agree that one of life’s pleasures is a good chip dip, you have come to the right place. This dill pickle dip recipe has all the salty and tangy goodness of dill pickles with a creamy and cheesy base. Zesty and delicious, this dip is perfect for sturdy chips and fresh veggies, and crispy toast.
The dill and pickle flavors compliment the cream cheese so well that I love to keep it in the fridge, ready for a snack anytime. I can taste it now with a selection of favorite family appetizers like Salami Babs and Air fryer Corn Ribs. You can also serve it on top of Air Fryer Hot dogs or my Stuffed Bacon Cheddar Cheeseburgers for a new twist on dinner.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe!
- Your Way- Make this recipe your own by choosing the size of the pickles and onion pieces, and more.
- Easy Recipe- This recipe takes just minutes and takes less than 10 minutes to chop and mix!
- Flavor Explosion- Positively bursting with flavor, this pickle dip is explosive!
One step further, if you are a pickle fan—well, I can tell you that you will not be disappointed here. This dip is easy to mix up and is so full of fresh dill flavor your guests will be begging for more. Make it up for the next game day or family gathering, and serve it with a healthy selection of chips, crackers, pretzels, and vegetables. There is something for all to enjoy!
Variations and Substitutions
How To Make
✱ Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact ingredients and instructions!
Step 1 | Prep the Ingredients
Begin making your creamy dill pickle dip by using a cutting board and a sharp knife to chop your pickles, red onion, and fresh dill weed.
Step 2 | Measure and Scoop
Next, you can take out a medium-sized bowl and combine the measured amounts of cream cheese, sour cream, and chopped ingredients. Add in the Pickle juice, pepper, and garlic pepper.
Save some set-aside pickles and dill to garnish the top.
Step 3 | Stir to Combine
Using a rubber spatula, gently fold and stir all the ingredients together until well coated and mixed.
Step 4 | Chill and Serve
One good thing about this recipe is that you can serve it immediately. However, you can also chill the creamy dip to allow the flavors to incorporate and the cheese mixture to firm and thicken.
Then you can serve it in a dip bowl and sprinkle the remainder of the diced pickles and dill weed alongside some of your favorite crackers, chips, or veggies.
- Salty- This recipe is naturally salty from the pickles. There is no need to add any salt when you mix in the fresh ground black pepper.
- Make ahead- Make this recipe the day before and store it in the fridge in an airtight container. Then it is ready for the table the next day, just when you want it.
- Go fresh- Nothing beats fresh dill in this recipe. It is softer and more gorgeously green in the dip. And the flavor is so much richer when freshly chopped.
You sure can. I have even seen dried beef in this recipe. But it is so good, just as it is!
Yes, this is a gluten-free recipe as long as you check the bottles and jars.
What to Serve with Fresh Pickle Dip Recipe
- Serve this delicious cream dip with any variety of crackers or chips. Then if you want to keep it carb free, use carrots, cucumbers, celery, and zucchini chips for a veggie scoop.
- Wanting an alternative to ketchup and mustard for your sliders? This recipe makes a great “secret sauce” for your burgers and chicken sliders.
- Serve the dill pickle dip piled into halves of baby bell peppers.
- The dip is perfect with breadsticks and toasted Italian bread slices.
One of the best things about this chip dip recipe is that you can easily store the dip in the fridge until ready to use.
Storage: Cover with foil or plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 days.
Freeze: Keep the dip in the freezer for up to 2 months and thaw to serve.
Other Dip Recipes
- Skillet Beef Queso Dip
- Mexican 7-Layer Dip
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
Hungry for more easy, home-cooked, delicious recipes?
Sign up for my free recipe club to get family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Dill Pickle Dip Recipe
- 8 ouncese cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup baby dill pickles, finely chopped (reserve 1 tablespoon for the topping)
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely chopped (reserve 1 tablespoon for the topping) OPTIONAL
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill weed, chopped (reserve ¼ teaspoon for the topping)
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Serve immediately or chill for an hour to let the flavors blend together and the cheese mixture thicken.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, chips, and vegetables.
✱ Nikki's Tips
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Amanda Wren-Grimwood says
So simple but absolutely packed with flavour. Thanks for sharing this recipe, my husband will love this.
I love anything with dill pickles and this dip looks amazing. Great for a Christmas party.
Made this dip for my coworkers and everyone absolutely loved it! Served it with warmed pita bread. So tasty and very easy!
Yes please! We love all things pickle at my house and this dip is bursting with flavor. Great for football Sunday.
My kids love pickles so this dip would be great! I'm saving this to make over the weekend.