This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
It’s that time of year again! Football Season!! That means draft parties, game day grub and tailgating begins! This Skillet Beef Queso is the perfect starter to cheer your team to a victory!
I don’t know about at your house, but around here things get a little serious when it comes to FOOTBALL Season!! It’s a southern tradition ya’ll. I really think that the calendar must begin in August not January according to the men in my life.
In all seriousness it’s so much fun! Now don’t go hatin’ me here, I like football as much as the next person. But my Boys LOVE it and I love to cook and plan the party! Give me a table (or Coffee table) to set and some hungry people and you are talking my language.
Last night was Fantasy Draft Party Night for a bunch of teenage & college age guys! My son says if I will cook they will come! We kept it simple for the draft, gotta keep my “A” game for a “BIG” game – wink wink! Besides parties can be simple, delicious and fun! Beside I didn’t want to take away from all the SMACK Talk going on!
We kept this party simple no decor. Just really good food. But keep an eye out for game day tables coming soon!
Draft Party Menu
- Stuffed Bacon and Cheddar Burgers on the Grill
- Chip and Dips – Is it really not a party without DIP. We had a simple ranch mix and sour cream (Ranch Dip) &
- Skillet Beef Queso was the star of the show or Quarterback of the team 😉
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Skillet (Recipe Coming Soon – So ya’ll come back)
How to make the BEST Beefy Skillet Queso DIP
In a Cast Iron Skillet cook ground beef with garlic salt to taste and taco seasoning.
Add in Velveeta, Green Chilies, & Rotel. Stir until combined and melted.
Once melted add in Mexican blend shredded cheese and let melt.
Once you have that all melted and warm. Garnish with some cilantro. You could really be fancy and add on diced tomatoes and green onions too! Remember I had teenagers so I had to keep it simple. I was pushing it with cilantro!
Warning this stuff is so addictive! I mean what’s not to love you know CHEESE!!!!
For more Recipe Ideas – Come be Social!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe.
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 to 2 cans Rotel
- 2 oz can green chilies, chopped
- 16 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- In a Cast Iron Skillet brown lean ground beef over medium high heat. Drain if necessary on paper towels. If draining return to skillet. 2 to 4 minutes
- Lower heat to medium low. Add cubed Velveeta, Rotel, and green chilies. While stirring melt cheese. About 3 minutes to 4 minutes.
- Once melted and warm add in Mexican Blend cheese. While stirring melt cheese. About 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish and serve while warm with tortilla chips
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.