Want the taste of chicken wings without all the mess? Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip to the rescue! Creamy, cheesy, a little spice and everything will be deliciously nice in the world! Grab some chips or veggies and get ready to DIP!
We have enjoyed a baked version of this dip over the years. When preparing for the big game day or a family/friend night full of appetizers and games or movies, there isn’t always space in the oven for all the things we have planned to eat 😉
So the Crock-Pot buffalo dip variety comes on the scene. This dip is just as good as the baked one. It’s all things creamy, tangy, cheesy and irresistible. I don’t know about y’all, but DIP is LIFE and by that mean I could make a meal on all the party foods. They are usually packed with flavor and so much fun to eat!
Whether you want to make a meal of all apps or get the party started with them, this small plate food just says let’s relax, have fun, chill out, and all around have a great time! They allow people to mingle, feel at ease and makes their taste buds smile!
So let’s GET THIS PARTY STARTED Y’ALL!
Grocery List for Crock-Pot Chicken Buffalo Dip
- chicken, shredded
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- ranch seasoning
- buffalo wing sauce
- blue cheese crumbles or mozzarella cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- parsley or green onion for garnish
Tips for the BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip
Make sure your chicken mixture is well combined. This can be done after a little cooking or before going into the slow cooker . Take a look⤵︎
If you are going to be around while it is cooking in the slow cooker, you can throw all the things in and give a stir. Then after things get to heating up give it a good stir again, then add the cheese on top to melt about 30 minutes before cooking is done.
Planning to be away while this is cooking??? Just make sure cream cheese is well softened and combine all the ingredients, but the reserved cheddar cheese for the top. I mean really get it combined good. Then put the cheese on top and go have fun while it does all the work.
It will be delicious either way!
Like it a little extra SPICY??
Using the Buffalo Sauce (We love Franks Brand) or you can make it homemade for extra yum! This gives it just the right amount of heat for my family’s taste…. BUT if you want more hotness (is that a word) you can add in some diced jalapenos or a can of diced green chilis for extra heat.
Want it a little LESS SPICY? – Try using Franks hot sauce instead, it is a little milder.
Just make sure you have plenty of chips and/or veggies on hand because this one is delicious and will be gobbled right up!
Looking for more Buffalo Recipes??
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Ok this isn’t buffalo, but these Honey Chipotle BBQ Wings are AMAZING so I had to SHARE!
Other Appetizers that will be a HIT
Come on over and be social with us!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #SoulfullyMade so we can see it. We might feature it on Instagram!
It makes my day when I see you’ve made one of our recipes!
Get Free Recipes from Soulfully Made delivered right to your inbox!
Click Here to Subscribe
Please Pin Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wings to save and share
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- 16 ounces cream cheese, well softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp dry ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles, divided (can sub mozzarella if you don't like blue cheese or omit)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (I use Franks Brand)
- parsley or green onion slices, for garnish
- Spray a 3 or 4 quart slow cooker. Turn slow cooker on low.
- Add in well softened cream cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning, 1/4 blue cheese crumbles, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and buffalo wing sauce into slow cooker. Stir until well combined. (This can also be done in a bowl and transferred to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheddar cheese on top. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours (depending on how hot your slow cooker gets), until bubbly.
- Top with remaining blue cheese crumbles and parsley or green onion to garnish. Serve warm.