Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks made with a sweet and tangy BBQ sauce, baked juicy and delicious in the oven! These DRUMS are a simple family favorite perfect for an easy weeknight meal, but yummy enough for Sunday Dinner. AND after all they are finger lickin' good y'all!
From elementary through high school, my kids schedules kept us on our toes. We ran, ran, and ran a little bit more almost every single day. From dance lessons, to little league, the golf course to church activities - we were ALWAYS a very BUSY FAMILY!
I can say life sure has changed and while I am so enjoying this stage in life, there are days my soul longs for those days again. My house and heart was always full during that stage. Now I have amazing adult children and wonderful memories to cherish.
This is ONE thing has not changed. I still need QUICK and DELICIOUS DINNERS to put on the table. I am still very busy but in different ways. My 18 year son still lives at home and he needs to be fed. I guess the hubby does too. They both are big meat eaters and enjoy a home cooked meal.
And those meals can be amazingly tasty and easy at the same time. This CHICKEN DINNER is always a finger lickin' WIN at the SOULFULLY MADE HOME!
What you need for perfect Oven Baked BBQ CHICKEN
- chicken drumsticks
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- onion powder
- your favorite BBQ sauce
See we are KICKING UP THAT BOTTLED BBQ SAUCE with a few SPICES to make it EXTRA DELISH!
How to make Juicy Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
Get that oven preheated to 400° and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Give it a quick spray with cooking spray.
I like to do this next step in a large bowl. But if you are squeamish about touching that chicken you can totally do this in a ziplock bag. Mix the olive oil, garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and onion powered together.
Next let give those drums a nice spice bath. Toss them in this mixture to coat.
Place the drumsticks on the baking sheet and pop into the oven for 20 minutes.
Remove and add the BBQ sauce. Pop back in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. During the last 5 minutes crank the heat up to 450°.
Take out of the oven and enjoy!
KEY STEPS for the BEST BBQ Chicken in the OVEN
- Line that baking sheet with foil! Don't nobody want a big mess to clean up. This one gets sticky and you will be glad you don't have to scrub this pan.
- Season the chicken and roast it first. By getting those spices in first you add so much more flavor to the chicken. It gets all roasted and delicious. This spice rub is a perfect compliment to the BBQ sauce.
- Crank the heat up at the end! This will allow the sauce to get nice and sticky and caramelized. This means extra flavor too!
10 EASY MEALS you will want to feed your FAMILY
- Creamy Italian Sausage Tortellini Skillet
- Oven Fried Panko Crusted Chicken Drumsticks
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Pesto Chicken Pasta
- Ground Beef Doritos Casserole
- Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Instant Pot Beef Tips (Pressure Cooker Beef Tips)
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Cheesy Unstuffed Pepper Skillet
- Easy Baked Stuffed Shells