Taco seasoned ground beef flavored with salsa and sour cream creates a creaming filling for this Ground Beef Doritos Casserole. Layered with cheeses and crunchy Doritos baked until bubbly and delicious! Top it off with your favorite taco toppings to create a family favorite meal!
I don’t know about you but we are crazy for all things taco at my house! This one has become such a family favorite over the years. It’s cheesy, taco flavored, and built with those crazy crunchy and oh so fabulous Doritos chips! Who can resist them?? Not anyone in my house! We love them and may have an addiction!
Casseroles are always a favorite especially for this busy mom. When my kids were younger we were always on the go. So getting a tasty dinner on the table during the week (especially one for picky kids) was a challenge. However, if it had Doritos in it they came running!
Life looks a bit different now as they are in college, but it still can be quite hectic at times and my college aged son still lives at home. He still loves the classics I made for him growing up. And this one is still a win!
Casseroles are also typically are hearty, belly filling, quick, easy, and scrumptious. Anything and everything that gets dinner on the table and the family gathered around it is the way to go!
What you need for Ground Beef Doritos Casserole
- Large bag nacho flavored Doritos
- lean ground beef
- taco seasoning
- salsa verde
- cream of chicken soup
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar
- shredded colby jack cheese
Steps to Make Doritos Casserole with Hamburger Meat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onions until cooked through. Drain off fat.
- Put back into skillet and sprinkle in packet of taco seasoning and coat ground beef. Add in water and stir until combined. Cook until sauce has thickened. About 3 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Add in salsa, soup, and sour cream and mix until combined.
- Pour in cheddar cheese and stir until melted into beef mixture.
- In a casserole dish lightly crush up 1/3 bag of Doritos. Pour 1/2 of beef mixture on top. Repeat.
- Top with remaining 1/3 of Doritos and colby jack cheese.
- Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray (this keeps the cheese from sticking). Bake for 25 minutes covered. Remove foil and bake for 20 additional minutes.
5 Great Family Friendly Meals
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Pesto Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast