This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Homemade Catalina Salad Dressing: A creamy, zesty salad dressing with a bit of tang. It’s perfect over a taco salad, avocados, veggies, as a dip, or even as a marinade for chicken.
Homemade dressing is one of those things people often will opt-out of making because they think it takes too much time or too many ingredients. However, this dressing and most are often not the case.
I had all of these items in my pantry or fridge and it is so very worth making your own at home. It is a simple recipe that takes less than 5 minutes to make.
You have total control over the ingredients and you can adjust the spices, salt, and pepper to suit your taste.
Ingredients Needed for the Best Catalina Dressing Recipe
- Red Wine Vinegar – This vinegar has a bite of tang and a nice rich flavor.
- Ketchup – Gives it that tomato flavor to the dressing. It’s made with vinegar, sugar and delicious tomatoes that this dressing needs.
- Honey – A perfect way to sweeten the dressing. If you don’t have it you can use sugar or agave.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Adds a savory and salty note to round it out just perfectly.
- Paprika – Another component that adds a hint of red bell pepper taste. You can use the spicy variety if you want to add a little heat.
- Onion Powder – Lends a concentrated onion flavor, so you don’t need a lot.
- Olive or Canola Oil – A flavorless oil is what you need for this dressing. Any that you have on hand will work.
How to make A Homemade Dressing
- Pour the vinegar, ketchup, honey, Worcestershire sauce , paprika and onion powder in a blender. Cover and puree.
- Keeping the blender on, open the vent lid and drizzle in the oil. This will allow the oil to emulsify. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month in the refrigerator.
What else can catalina Salad Dressing be used for
Homemade Catalina Dressing is not only amazing on a salad, but is a delicious dip for veggies, great drizzled over avocados, or perfect as a marinade for grilling chicken or even pork.
You’ll have to give these other uses a try! I think you will love them too!
Salad Recipe Ideas to Try!
- Chopped Greek Salad
- Spaghetti Salad Recipe
- Pasta Salad with Artichoke Hearts and Feta
- Feta Tomato, Cucumber and Olive Salad
(click stars to rate)
Homemade Catalina Salad Dressing Recipe
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup olive or canola oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Pour the vinegar, ketchup, honey, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and onion powder in a blender. Cover and puree.
- With the blender on, open the vent in the lid and slowly drizzle the oil into the blender to emulsify. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Soulfully Made is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.